So I went to the verizon store yesterday to get another Storm replacement(stupid memory leak). The service rep told me that if I use the back button or end call button to close out stuff instead of using the "close" option under the blackberry menu it would cause my phone to lag. He said the progam/app would just keep running. Little puzzled with that statement.
    06-25-09 04:37 PM
    that is true. the back button essential takes you back to the previous screen without closing the program. to close a program you have to choose close from the menu. it has been this way forever.
    06-25-09 04:45 PM
    Or you can hold down the back button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:48 PM
    So I went to the verizon store yesterday to get another Storm replacement(stupid memory leak). The service rep told me that if I use the back button or end call button to close out stuff instead of using the "close" option under the blackberry menu it would cause my phone to lag. He said the progam/app would just keep running. Little puzzled with that statement.
    The red end key just "hides" most programs actually and does not close them.

that is true. the back button essential takes you back to the previous screen without closing the program. to close a program you have to choose close from the menu. it has been this way forever.
    Not exactly correct either

Most pograms you can press and hold the "back" key and it will close the program down. Some 3rd part apps dont allow this and you have to use the bb button>close.
    06-25-09 04:50 PM
    And it's easy to figure out...open a program, try holding down the back button, then hold down the menu button and see if the app is still open. If it is, you need to use the menu>close method for that app.
    06-25-09 06:14 PM
    Bull****.

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:34 PM
    As others said, holding down the back button closes out most of the basic apps that came with the phone, like Calendar, Tasks, Memo, Contacts, Clock, etc.

Also, keep in mind some apps like BB Messenger and VVM are always working in the background.
    06-25-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD