I wish there was an easier way to close open apps. Anyone know of any? I just got my first BB and other than holding the Option button, opening the app, then option/close is the only way I know. Thanks! p.s. how can anyone live without a BlackBerry!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 09:02 AM
    you could always just download an app called quickpull and schedule a battery pull for the end of the day and not bother closing stuff out...or if u have a few mins during the day press (alt, left shift(caps lock) and del) and that is like a battery pull too.

Otherwise your gonna have to close stuff out by going to the options/close like you said
    12-14-09 09:06 AM
    Some of the apps (not all but many) can be closed by simply pressing and holding back button. Just check which apps you have, can be closed this way and which cant.

12-14-09 09:12 AM
    you could always just download an app called quickpull and schedule a battery pull for the end of the day and not bother closing stuff out...or if u have a few mins during the day press (alt, left shift(caps lock) and del) and that is like a battery pull too.

Otherwise your gonna have to close stuff out by going to the options/close like you said
    Does it slow the processing down by having too many apps open? I just tried the alt/left shift/del but it didn't do anything. I have OS 4.7, will that matter?

12-14-09 09:30 AM
    ... other than holding the Option button, opening the app
    You can use Alt + Escape to cycle through the open apps instead of opening the application menu. But it would still be nice if there were a Quit from the list of open apps (like on a Mac).
    12-14-09 09:31 AM
    Does it slow the processing down by having too many apps open? I just tried the alt/left shift/del but it didn't do anything. I have OS 4.7, will that matter?

Its alt+ right shift + del
    Not left shift.

Yes too many apps running will slow down your phone. Always close the ones you are not using.
    I personally have no use for quickpull as i would rather perform a alt+r shift+del when i feel it is necessary.

Last edited by GG1; 12-14-09 at 09:48 AM.
    12-14-09 09:44 AM
    Its alt+ right shift + del
    Not left shift.

Yes too many apps running will slow down your phone. Always close the ones you are not using.
    I personally have no use for quickpull as i would rather perform a alt+r shift+del when i feel it is necessary.

wow don't know how i got that wrong i do it all the time lol must always be doing left shift and when nothing happens without thinking brain moves to right shift lol!!

sorry for misinfo
    12-15-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD