Is there one availabe where you can click a button and close all running software/programs in the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:39 AM
    I don't think so. I had this option on my old Windows Mobile devices and it came in handy.

Any developers out there want to tackle this one?
    11-13-08 11:42 AM
    wooo that'd be awesome.

hate closing one by one.
    11-13-08 02:57 PM
    Would be kinda nice I must agree.
    11-13-08 03:07 PM
    A task manager would also be nice. I had one my N96 and you could see everything that was running, and had the option to close them from that screen. That was pretty cool..

11-13-08 03:39 PM
    That would be an awesome app. That's one of the things I miss
    from Windows Mobile.
    11-13-08 05:35 PM
    So, what do you guys do to close apps? I just click menu > switch applications. Then click onto each open one and manually exit. Is there any other way?

11-13-08 05:40 PM
    No. Use ur convienence button an see what apps are still running. There should only be 5 icons when this menu comes up - browser, home screen, bbm, call log, an messages. If u have others use the convienence key to go into the app and select menu an c for close all the way out. This preserves ur battery and the speed of ur berry

11-13-08 05:58 PM
    Good tip. I had a convenience key det to calculator and used it like once every 10 days. Didn't know you could set it for app switcher.

Oh and "off button" -- what if you don't wanna turn it off but just close a few apps you forgot open to speed it a little but wanna reboot. Off is not always a great option

11-13-08 06:03 PM
    You can also use the alt & escape button. Then scroll through the applications.

11-13-08 06:07 PM
    Reboot also works. Of course, that's a pain. I actually don't worry about it and it doesn't cause a problem. I do reboot every day because I use an external battery charger and switch cells instead of chagring on the bb.

BTW, too true on the smart@ss responses. I have been both victim and perpetrator. Perhaps it's time to stop acting like shoolyard children.

11-13-08 08:00 PM
    But I wouldnt want it to close the apps I have running for my phone functionality like my BBAlerts, or VibandRing though...
    11-13-08 08:04 PM
    A Task Manager Software is a good idea ;-)!
    11-14-08 10:47 AM
    Reboot also works. Of course, that's a pain. I actually don't worry about it and it doesn't cause a problem. I do reboot every day because I use an external battery charger and switch cells instead of chagring on the bb.

BTW, too true on the smart@ss responses. I have been both victim and perpetrator. Perhaps it's time to stop acting like shoolyard children.

You can also reboot (Curve's Only) by pressing and holding, Alt Right Shift Del in that order. Who has time for battery pulls?
    11-15-08 12:52 PM
    i do wish they had app like this sometimes. probably one of the things i miss from my WM phones.
    11-16-08 12:07 AM
    we really need an app like this
    02-27-09 01:03 PM
    Yeah this would really come in handy. To be able to close everything like call logs and such. I personally don't need it open all the time.

I'd beta test this app if anyone developed it.

BTW If you close Vib&Ring in the application switcher it doesn't affect the functionality of the program. It still works.

02-27-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD