C'mon, folks, this CAN'T be impossible.

The Treo has a fabulous emulator, Pmame, that plays EVERYTHING. There's an emulator for every OS. Isn't there someone out there who's kick-*** enough to write an emulator that actually works with real arcade ROMS for the Blackberry??

I've scoured the web and tried every single arcade like game for the BB, and frankly,...they're all lame.

I'm desperate here, folks, I'm addicted to classic arcade gaming, and I love my BB, but...in this particular realm ,the Treo has it beat, still.

Any ideas?

split
    06-19-08 01:01 PM
    I got Pac-Man awhile back it was a free download. I tried to downlaod recently and it didn't work. Keep looking you'll find some.
    06-19-08 01:11 PM
    If you go to this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fre...es-pearl-4697/ you will find the link to download the free Pacman for Blackberry. The link includes screen-shots too. You will need to first download, then install via BB Desktop Manager. The OTA link does not work however.
    06-19-08 01:30 PM
    I totally appreciate the help, folks. I actually already demo'd the Pacman, and while it's ok, I'm really looking for an emulator that will allow you to play many different game ROMS.

Or, I'd also be happy with something that had just a few different built in games, but it's key that they're not ports of the games, but the original game roms themselves.

My addictions: centipede, galaga, Cabal, dig dug, donkey kong, defender, etc..

split
    06-19-08 01:37 PM
    Would be nice to be able to play the original Super Mario Bros
    06-19-08 02:37 PM
    Super mario bros. 3 FTW!!!

That would be so awesome, I know some friends that run them on MotoQs and Treos as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 02:46 PM
    Would be nice to be able to play the original Super Mario Bros
    Like, 6th one down.
    06-23-08 02:37 PM
    Yeah...thanks...but that is for older Berries...I'm rockin a 8310...
    07-20-08 02:59 AM
    What do you mean game ROM??? A ROM is a read only memory chip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 06:06 AM
    The new wordplay on the phrase rom relates to emulated software from the old days, most of us have used emulators with nes, snes, etc roms. I think the bb community as a whole needs to get stuff together. With the app store launched by apple, hopefully it'll filter to the bb community. Why software for bb should sell for over 10 bucks ( 7 bucks for a theme...really?) dumbfounds me. One can only hope that bb programmers get their junk together and make the bb fun!
    07-20-08 10:41 AM
    Bring on an NES emulator!
    07-20-08 10:49 AM
    theres an emulator here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/2/468

if anyone tries it let me know if zelda works for you. ive installed and re0installed and every time it says zelda file is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. ive tried every fix i know and would appreciate any advice, tips, or links to a better emulator
    08-03-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD