Anybody know an app that shows incoming city and state info. Storm 2 came with one, but they want 2 bucks per month. Is there a free one?

Thanks,
    12-14-09 01:53 PM
    It would be nice if they have a free one around. I had this on my Samsung Delve, but that was $1.99/mo.
    12-14-09 01:55 PM
    That sounds like it may be a carrier thing, ive never seen an app like that before and trust me i dl and try a lot of apps.
    12-14-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah, it might be. I'll check to see if U.S. Cellular even has the one they used for blackberry.

Edit: I found Berry-A-Code, however, from user responses it looks like it's not going to work on newer blackberrys. That's a shame. I did find a zip if anyone wants to try it out.
    Last edited by Nalinith; 12-16-09 at 05:51 PM.
    12-16-09 05:45 PM
    12-16-09 06:12 PM
    It's been discussed to death..They're were a few, but all were removed due to patents by cequint makers of cityid.

If curious and if you can find it..http://www.bbapps.net/ was the popular replacement for berryacode..
    Last edited by hudss; 12-16-09 at 07:36 PM.
    12-16-09 07:32 PM
    Then said makers of cityid need to make blackberry application, :{
    12-16-09 07:33 PM
    Here ya go I think this may be what your looking for

i,Call ManagerEx/US Edition: Pinpoint caller's locations on the Blackberry Maps and caller's area name on Phone screen.[/url]
    krs7272,

Does the I,Call work on your phone? Couldn't get it to work on my Tour. Reverse call look up worked great though.
    12-16-09 07:39 PM
    Then said makers of cityid need to make blackberry application, :{
    they do..comes with 5.0. it's 1.99 a month or 35 for life of device.
    12-16-09 07:40 PM
    Do you happen to have a link?
    12-16-09 07:43 PM
    I really have trouble believing that the area or cityid or whatever you call it an be patented. While their method might be patented, I can't understand how using some other programming technique would infringe. That would be like patenting the internet and no one could decipher it since the data is encoded.
    12-16-09 08:49 PM
    I really have trouble believing that the area or cityid or whatever you call it an be patented. While their method might be patented, I can't understand how using some other programming technique would infringe. That would be like patenting the internet and no one could decipher it since the data is encoded.
    their patent is displaying the city name on the call screen. there isnt much you can do to get around this. as soon you have a city name somewhere on the call screen you are infringing on the patent.

I'm with you on this and i had to remove that feature in PictureID.
    12-16-09 09:44 PM
    their patent is displaying the city name on the call screen. there isnt much you can do to get around this. as soon you have a city name somewhere on the call screen you are infringing on the patent.

I'm with you on this and i had to remove that feature in PictureID.
    Obviously, the cost of testing the patent would be prohibitive and that is probably what they are counting on. When if I were to include the City name next to the name of my contacts - that would display on the Call Screen? Again, I find it odd that such a thing can be patented but who knows
    12-16-09 10:18 PM
    krs7272,

Does the I,Call work on your phone? Couldn't get it to work on my Tour. Reverse call look up worked great though.
    I have no idea. I don't use it. I know icall manager light doesn't though.
    12-16-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD