I'm coming from a 700p. I used to have a real good program call mycheckbook. It's a free program and it does an excellent job. Some of the cool features it had were...

1) Program your weekly check to go into your account without you having to punch it in every week

2) Once you write your first check number, for the next check numbers all you have to do is click 'next check number.'

3) transfer money from one account to another without doing it twice.

4) You can see your withdrawals, deposit and payments all in the same screen for that specific account.

I'm currently on a trial of echeckregister for my curve. I'm not liking it too much cause it doesn't have any of the features I mentioned above.
    06-27-08 07:47 AM
    Yeah, I would love to find a good program too. I used to have quicken when I had my Ipaq and loved it.
    06-27-08 11:47 AM
    Hhmm, I was going to recommend echeckregister, I really like it because it's simple. I also tried Bankarama and Ascendo money(I think is the name) but Ascendo was very fancy for me with a lot of functions. Maybe that's the one you need. But its not free. Anyway do a search here in the CB store and you'll find a lot of checkbook applications. Hope this help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 12:07 PM
    Yeah I tried Bankarama and didn't really like it. I forget for what reason though. I was going to try Ascendo money but it doesn't have a trial version. I see a couple more on the store but not much have a trial version. I'm not about to spend over $10 for something that I may not like.

Any other recommendations?
    06-27-08 02:29 PM
    Do a google search for JapBLite.

It's free, it's simple, and it functions perfectly. I've used it for every financial transaction for the last 7 months without a problem.
    06-27-08 03:10 PM
    Yeah I tried Bankarama and didn't really like it. I forget for what reason though. I was going to try Ascendo money but it doesn't have a trial version. I see a couple more on the store but not much have a trial version. I'm not about to spend over $10 for something that I may not like.

Any other recommendations?
    I was just checking the CB store and it does have a trial version
    Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    06-27-08 11:07 PM
    Wife V1.0 was a GREAT checkbook application until I found it skimming from the top and bottom. Now I use Mobile Checkbook (search Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango).
    06-27-08 11:15 PM
    When I checked Ascendo Money, I could have sworn it didn't let me download a trial version. Maybe it was another application.

I did download Jabplite and I'm loving it. It's way better than the other ones I've tried. Best part of all, it's FREE. I'm sticking with it for a while.

Thanks
    06-28-08 08:09 AM
    I've been using Mobile Checkbook v3.5 from Mobatech Mobatech - Mobile Phone Software. It's been real easy to use and although it isn't free, its cheap. However I've been keeping an eye on Splash Money. It was only available for WM devices but just recently released a version for Blackberries. I'm in the process of downloading a trial version now. You can check it out at Mobile Phone Software to Manage Passwords, Photos, Money, Lists, Outlines & More
    Last edited by jimmers; 06-28-08 at 04:21 PM.
    06-28-08 04:11 PM
    I had the older version of Money and I very much liked it. Then they came out with an upgrade, 3.10. I downloaded it and it has done nothing but cause problems on my BB 8830. Lost all my data, over 3 months worth.
    06-30-08 07:14 PM
    I had the older version of Money and I very much liked it. Then they came out with an upgrade, 3.10. I downloaded it and it has done nothing but cause problems on my BB 8830. Lost all my data, over 3 months worth.
    Yes I too have had issues with the new version, but the functions are great. I have been working with them on the issues.

I is a great application and I would recommend it to anyone. It does have a 30day trial, so try it.
    06-30-08 08:31 PM
    Will any of these softwares synchronize with your desktop application?
    07-26-08 01:11 PM
    Ascendo Money
    You really should stay away from Ascendo Money. I used the older version and didnt have any problems. It needed to be updated but the new version is the worst program I have ever had for my blackberry. I have no idea how they let it out of beta testing. I have emailed them a ton and nothing good has come out of it. Still not working and lost all my information. Whatever you do don't use ascendo money. Try something that does not crash and will sync to your computer.
    07-30-08 11:56 AM
    Will any of these apps sync OTA with your bank accounts to update? (Rather than synching to Quicken or whatever desktop app.) In looking at them, it doesn't seem like they do, but I hope I'm wrong.
    08-25-08 06:59 PM
    Ascendo Money
    You really should stay away from Ascendo Money. I used the older version and didnt have any problems. It needed to be updated but the new version is the worst program I have ever had for my blackberry. I have no idea how they let it out of beta testing. I have emailed them a ton and nothing good has come out of it. Still not working and lost all my information. Whatever you do don't use ascendo money. Try something that does not crash and will sync to your computer.
    same to me stay away from Ascendo Money, i got a full refund from them..
    wish for Quicken as i have on my Palm Treo......
    08-26-08 09:02 AM
    Wife V1.0 was a GREAT checkbook application until I found it skimming from the top and bottom. Now I use Mobile Checkbook (search [url=http://www.handango.com/]Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango[/url).
    That's why I never upgraded from Girlfriend 6.0
    08-26-08 11:35 AM
    Is there some trick to make splash money download from your bank? I bank at wells fargo and have it set up with all the correct numbers, I have tried for 3 days and keep getting nothing on all downloads. Thanks.

10-17-08 12:00 PM
    I haven't had any luck with splashmoney. I thought I had everything set up right but just would not talk to wells fargo.

Douglas Wilson

I've been using Mobile Checkbook v3.5 from Mobatech Mobatech - Mobile Phone Software. It's been real easy to use and although it isn't free, its cheap. However I've been keeping an eye on Splash Money. It was only available for WM devices but just recently released a version for Blackberries. I'm in the process of downloading a trial version now. You can check it out at Mobile Phone Software to Manage Passwords, Photos, Money, Lists, Outlines & More
    10-19-08 06:46 PM
    been using Bankarama: Overdrafts suck. and its helpful.

doesnt access my accounts its just a BB version of an old fashion check balance book..

couldnt tell ya what its called never used one hahaha
    10-20-08 12:33 PM
    Ascendo Money
    I've been trying to upgrade to the new version of ascendo money but since I dont remember who I purchased from (my fault) they wouldnt help me upgrade to the new version for discount price, but after reading this I think I am sticking to this old version, does everything I need it to with no worries.
    10-20-08 02:05 PM
    I've been trying to upgrade to the new version of ascendo money but since I dont remember who I purchased from (my fault) they wouldnt help me upgrade to the new version for discount price, but after reading this I think I am sticking to this old version, does everything I need it to with no worries.
    I have been testing out the trial version of Ascendo Money for about a week now. Found no problems with it so far. This version seems to work well for me on m 8330.
    10-20-08 09:28 PM
    I bought Mobile Checkbook from the CrackBerry store and I love it. Simple, easy to use and cheap.

10-21-08 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD