Chase Mobile App For BlackBerry Discontinued; No New Downloads Starting Jan. 28
January 28, 2013 will be the last chance to download from BlackBerry world as Chase is pulling it... and Chase Mobile App will stop working on BlackBerry devices on April 21, 2013.
- 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM #5
- 01-30-2013, 11:31 AM #7
- 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM #9
I'm beginning to doubt the information provided regarding the discontinuation of this app... I don't think Chase would do such a thing without informing people about it.
- 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM #11
link that now redirects to a generic mobile banking landing page. Also, if you look at the mobile app platforms on that page, BB is no longer amongst them.
- CrackBerry User
03-21-2013, 04:08 PM #14
- 15 Posts
I too just received the official email from Chase. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with migrating from the app to a mobile Web based offering if in doing so 100% of the original apps functionality were retained. But that's not the case here at all. The remote check deposit by phone feature won't be available, and for me, that was the ultra "sticky" feature that drew me in and kept me on board. To lose that feature is a ridiculous step backwards in technology, and I have no plan to move to an iPhone or Android just in order to continue remote banking with Chase. I will not stand for my bank dictating to me what platform to use, and once a suitable replacement bank is found that supports this feature on my BlackBerry, I'm outta there. So, CrackBerry Nation, I ask for your bank recommendations--where can we disillusioned BlackBerry users take our banking business to? Obviously the desire here is to support those institutions that support us!
- 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM #15VOTE UP THE Z10!!!!!
- Smartphone Rankings | PhoneDog
- Vote for the BlackBerry Z10 for Phone of the Year in the T3 Gadget Awards 2013
- Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
~*Jack of all trades can still be a master of some (. . .Hopefully)*~
- 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM #16
I believe Chase was the only big U.S. bank to offer the remote check deposit feature.
- CrackBerry Newbie
03-21-2013, 04:55 PM #18
- 9 Posts
The VP who sent email is same lady who emailed WAMU customers few years back informing that free for ever checking accounts would not be free at Chase. She must be the hatchet lady at Chase. There has to more to this conspiracy considering BB10 US launch is basically same week. How much does JP Morgan Chase have vested in a POOR or SUCCESSFULL Z10 launch?
- By cdf3 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 07-09-2011, 06:07 AM
- By maze1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-29-2010, 09:42 AM
- By nemo-maritime in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 18Last Post: 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
- By nemo-maritime in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
- By aadiawan in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM