Only the 8100 has the required LED's to work... NOTHING ELSE has Colored LED's under the Ball... How do you expect a white LED to produce colors? ONLY THE 8100 WORKS, NOT THE 8110,8120 or 8130...

Now as to the reason why only the 8100 has the colored LED's is beyond me... Nothing uses the colored LED's except the phone app...
    08-04-09 06:01 AM
    yeah..i have overcome this problem..manually..no software needed..just simply open the trackball cover,disattach trackball module with pinset..then i simply paint the led with candytone blue..
    now i have blue trackball. well, at least better than nothing
    08-10-09 01:05 PM
    to stop blending you need to remove the silver rim from your trackball by prying up starting on bottom of circle until you have it completely removed after that you remove the trackball and then just use a piece of black tape to cover the bottom right LED which is the white LED this will make the colors look alot clearer
    09-30-09 01:00 AM
    The only other option to change the color of the trackball on a blackberry phone is by buying a colored trackball from ebay. there only about $4 and if you only need a specific color this is a good way to go.
    09-30-09 01:09 AM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD