02-18-09 12:00 AM
    Already asked for earlier. Check the next page of threads.
    02-18-09 12:05 AM
    It's illegal in most place to have a card counting program

It's not illegal to count cards in your head though.

Good luck with that though, they now use 8 decks of cards per shoe and when the shoe is complete they place it in a machine which randomly shuffles the cards. Even the best of the best card counters still only have a very slight advantage over the house.

If you were at a table and they saw you using the app they would have police officers all over you. In vegas if you get caught cheating the system it's punishable by life in jail.
    02-18-09 12:14 AM
    damn... what about in AC?
    02-18-09 12:27 AM
    Not illegal on online BlackJack
    02-18-09 12:39 AM
    Texas = Felony Class 3...2-5 years. No good.
    02-18-09 12:39 AM
    What the app is good for is a quick portable trainer for card counting. Since it isn't illegal to count in your head, learning to do it is kind of fun. It is NOT an easy way to make money no matter what Hollywood tells you. There are several PC apps that do this while playing blackjack at the same time.
    02-18-09 12:44 AM
    Not illegal on online BlackJack
    It's illegal to gamble online if you are in the USA. Not to mention that online gambling doesn't even use a shoe. It's all preprogrammed to show different cards at different times. Almost all digital gambling games have laws saying they have to pay out a certain amount something like 85% in the USA. Overseas however most places don't have laws like this so they can make it only payout like 15% if they wanted to. I would avoid all gambling online personally. Even most texas holdem sites aren't randmoly generated anymore.
    02-18-09 12:45 AM
    What the app is good for is a quick portable trainer for card counting. Since it isn't illegal to count in your head, learning to do it is kind of fun. It is NOT an easy way to make money no matter what Hollywood tells you. There are several PC apps that do this while playing blackjack at the same time.
    Yep it's not easy at all, and you need a lot of money to start out with or it will never work. It also doesn't work like in Hollywood where once the count is above like 15 you win every hand.
    02-18-09 12:46 AM
    It's illegal to gamble online if you are in the USA.
    Well, good thing for the rest of the world it isn't governed by the USA.

Bottom line- I'd like to see this app and would pay for it.
    02-18-09 12:52 AM
    It's illegal to gamble online if you are in the USA. Not to mention that online gambling doesn't even use a shoe. It's all preprogrammed to show different cards at different times. Almost all digital gambling games have laws saying they have to pay out a certain amount something like 85% in the USA. Overseas however most places don't have laws like this so they can make it only payout like 15% if they wanted to. I would avoid all gambling online personally. Even most texas holdem sites aren't randmoly generated anymore.
    agree'd i learned my lesson after Quad ACES got beat by the Royal Flush lol
    02-18-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD