I downloaded PocketInformant (2.0) from App World in April. Last week I was sent a notice for an upgrade(2.1). I tried to upgrade, the upgrade was free but app world wanted me to purchase it. I went through the steps but at the end of the process I got an error message that I already had that version and to reconcile app world. I did but no dice. I upgrade App World hoping that would sort out the issue. However now App World is telling I have a free trial version and need to purchase the 2.1 version! I don't really want to pay $12.99 again for an upgrade that should be free! I contacted PI support and they told me they don't know why that is happening and it is an issue with app world and to contact them. I couldn't find a way to contact App World support. PI did send me a link for the new version but I don't know if I need to delete the old version first or not? Is anyone else having this trouble? Can anyone help or advise?
    08-21-10 02:17 PM
    AW should only be used for free apps, apps that can not be found elsewhere, and checking for upgraded versions of RIM add-on apps such as the recently released FaceBook. It is not lovingly called CrapWorld for nothing. lol.

Were you provided an activation code at the time of purchase? Is that how AW does it's paid transactions? If so, and PI (WebIS) provided a link to the newest version, just download it, and enter your code. This will probably not do anything for the behavior you see in AW, but at least it will work on your device, and you can save the download link to your bookmarks for future use...

I have a similarly opposite situation but it is not detrimental to me. A few weeks ago, Handango offered it at no cost for their "Free App Friday" promotion. There was an issue where a lot of users could not get the OS5 version and kept getting the OS4 version download. I got tired of trying, and went to AW, downloaded the correct version (because the only good thing about AW is that it will not let you download incorrect versions of apps for your device), and just entered the activation code I received from Handango. It registered just fine, and worked just fine as well. However, when I check AW in the "My World" section it continues to state that I have the trial version installed. Obviously because it does not recognize the code provided to me from Handango for their own download, but the app recognizes the code itself when registered on the device while checking the registration status. It's no skin off my nose because it works, and it is actually registered. It makes no difference where you get it from, as long as you can register it.

Hope this helps.... A bit?
    08-21-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD