Hi there guys, was wondering if you guys could help me out. I've been using my bb to tether for a couple of months using the desktop manager. However for the past month or so, I've been unable to connect, dm keeps saying : Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated. At first I thought ok, maybe something screwed up so I wiped the device, loaded .979 (leaked) onto it and resent the service books, the whole works. Still no luck. So I downloaded pdanet and I'm getting the following error : net.rim.device.internal.io.CriticalIOException ; Critical Tunnel Failure. That's the same error pandora and whatever else that works via TCP gives. I checked the apn, its still correct. Now I'm thinking perhaps its related to the service provider and they say its all good on their end. I have four other blackberries in the house (family) all on the same service provider and they're all able to tether fine.

Does anyone have a solution? Is the problem on my end or the service provider. Can I direct them to check something specifically in their systems? I'm currently using a unlocked bb in india. Thanks a lot guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 02:55 PM
    IF you are using T-Mobile (USA). Welcome to the next wave of t-mo goodness. UMA and Tethering is gone. It's a 14.99$ monthly fee.

Thread One
    Thread Two

11-09-10 02:58 PM
    Not using tmo, I'm currently in india. The other 4 bb tether perfectly fine. Its just mine that refuses to.

11-09-10 05:15 PM
    actually, UMA is now working...

tethering is working to?
    11-09-10 05:54 PM
    Not using tmo, I'm currently in india. The other 4 bb tether perfectly fine. Its just mine that refuses to.

You solved your problem. You'll end up getting massive roaming charges if you DO manage to get tether working. Don't even bother with it.

Unless your t-mobile blackberry is unlocked, contact the india phone provider and ask them to troubleshoot it.

11-09-10 06:23 PM
    Mjneid

Actually, tmo has stalled those plans, and they won't apply to BlackBerry devices.

11-09-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD