I just got a blackberry bold today and i installed the facebook application. I tried logging on through the app and it kept saying "data service unavailable" even though the rogers browser was working completely fine and allowing me to access facebook through the browser.
    I deleted the app to re-install it but when i tried downloading it again it said "sorry your device does not meet the system requirements to support facebook"
    so i tried installing appworld to download it from tehre
    i successfully installed appworld it but when i tried opening appworld, it said, "upgrade your data plan to one with a browser"

wtf??!
    06-09-09 01:24 AM
    firstly what kind of data plan do you have? do you actually have a Blackberry Internet Service? because the browser can be set to work with wap but none of the programs on a blackberry will work unless you have a BIS account
    06-09-09 03:47 AM
    I just got a blackberry bold today and i installed the facebook application. I tried logging on through the app and it kept saying "data service unavailable" even though the rogers browser was working completely fine and allowing me to access facebook through the browser.
    I deleted the app to re-install it but when i tried downloading it again it said "sorry your device does not meet the system requirements to support facebook"
    so i tried installing appworld to download it from tehre
    i successfully installed appworld it but when i tried opening appworld, it said, "upgrade your data plan to one with a browser"

wtf??!
    Did You try _ttp://m.crackberry.com?
    06-09-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD