I can't load apps via Appworld or via DM. Should I backup my BB 8900 and reload the OS? Is there any simpler way of fixing this problem? Thanks.
    04-16-11 09:09 AM
    Personally......I don't use App World. I read there are so many issues. I purchase all my apps thru the Crackberry store or MobiHand. Backing up your BB is a very smart thing to do. I back up a couple of times a week.

I don't think reloading the OS will fix it....BUT..... I'm hoping a more knowledgeable person might be able to answer that one for you.
    04-16-11 09:27 AM
    Do you have a BB data plan? Not just any data plan. Plans for BB are BB specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 12:02 PM
    I've been having the same problem. I get an error about the App World servers being down. All my other apps tell me its my network.
    04-16-11 12:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my wife's phone (8520). It seems that you have to link a paypal account to your BB ID before it will let you proceed any further, which sucks if you just want the free apps.

The popup I'm getting says "WeatherEye is not available for download from BlackBerry App World"
    04-17-11 12:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my wife's phone (8520). It seems that you have to link a paypal account to your BB ID before it will let you proceed any further, which sucks if you just want the free apps.

The popup I'm getting says "WeatherEye is not available for download from BlackBerry App World"
    I don't have any credit card or paypal info loaded into Appworld and it works fine for me. You sure you have your account setup?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD