CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't get past "agreement" in App World

I just upgraded to the Bold 9900 and love the phone. The only problem I have is that when I go to App World and try to do anything - search, download app or go to My World it goes to the Blackberry ID Agreement and ask me if I Accept or I Do Not Accept. When I hit I Accept it says please wait then goes back to where I started. It is a endless loop that will not let me past the ID agreement.

I have tried a number of things - battery pull, delete and re load and even a wipe a number of times but no luck.

Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

in appworld try clearing its cache.. while holding alt type rstrst

or maunually download over it via the browser... blackberry.com/appworld

delete it using desktop manager (left side click on applications)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

oh or try changinf the permissions

options/device/application managmentand click on "blackberry app world" and "edit permissions " and change them to "allow"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    14,248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnive View Post
    I just upgraded to the Bold 9900 and love the phone. The only problem I have is that when I go to App World and try to do anything - search, download app or go to My World it goes to the Blackberry ID Agreement and ask me if I Accept or I Do Not Accept. When I hit I Accept it says please wait then goes back to where I started. It is a endless loop that will not let me past the ID agreement.

I have tried a number of things - battery pull, delete and re load and even a wipe a number of times but no luck.

Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    Also while holding down the alt key hit R-S-T in caps w/o the dashes. It should shut down, reopen it and try again and that should do it.
    ~Jag~
    Member Of CrackBerry Nation!
    The Coolest Pantless Posting Forum Thread On The Planet!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Have you guys set up BB ID from your Options/device/BB ID? I would suggest doing that first. If you came from another BB and did this all of your emai accounts from your last bb would show up and bb appworld would auto login. *note that changing your default email addy will confuse appworld. Make sure you use the same default email addy. Set options/device/advanced system settings/default services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies.

I tried everything you guys suggested and still no luck. I am in Canada using a unlocked Telus phone on the Bell network. Any chance it has to do with that or is there anybody out there that is in Canada running the same 9900 unlocked on the Bell network with success.

Everything else on the phone is running perfect. Very frustrating. Don't know what to try
    next.

Thoughts????

Thanks everyone,
    CrackBerry Newbie

I know this is an old post, but if like me someone had this problem recently- then the following worked for me:

Get onto this page: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

It walks you through these steps:

It will get you to download a plug-in for bb appworld

Select the phone in question

It also made me change my paypal account as the emails didn't match.

And now it works!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problem after upgrading to latest BB OS. App world kept asking for user agreement... turned out I input the wrong BB ID. I do not memorize the one associated with the device, so I kinda use an older ID which was associated with an old device I used to have and my current device seemed to get confuse.

I did what SofiTopi said above connect it to blackberry appworld website on my PC. Connect my device to my PC and do everything from the website instead from the phone. Also this was where I realized I have the wrong BB ID. After inputting the right BB ID, the appworld in my device is working again.... Finally!!