Has anyone else had this problem?

I recently downloaded the new app world a bout a week ago and ever since then, when I go to upgrade a previously installed program or download a new app, it wants me to log in now. Fine, I signed up and I log in, it authenticates, but then it asks me if I wish to migrate my previously purchased apps. If I hit yes, it jumps me to a paypal login. I do have paypal, and I enter my password and email and it will NOT authenticate or log me in.

I know I'm entering my credentials correctly.

So I back up and try the option, to not migrate, well it does nothing at that point. It just doesn't proceed. I recall that it jumps me back to the app world main screen.

I was presented with the options of setting payment later or use a CC. But when I try these options, again, it doesn't do anything.

I don't understand that if I'm upgrading or purchasing a free program, why do I need to be logged into paypal?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    09-16-10 07:47 AM
    Have you created your BlackBerryID?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 08:34 AM
    Yes I have.
    09-16-10 08:41 AM
    Strange that it won't transfer your account. As far as logging in everytime with bbid for any download; that's just the way it is with the new app world.

09-16-10 09:03 AM
    I have had this same problem... After 4 hours on the phone and four weeks of elapsed time working with Blackberry support, i ended up asking for a refund on all my applications that i purchased because they couldnt figure it out either.

My advise, downgrade to the previous version of Appworld or stop using it altogether and use the CB Mobihand app store...
    Last edited by bmoney1229; 09-16-10 at 12:33 PM. Reason: correction...
    09-16-10 12:32 PM
    ...use the CB Mobihand app store...
    Good call on that
    09-16-10 04:48 PM
    My advise, downgrade to the previous version of Appworld
    Where can I do this?
    Thanks!
    09-21-10 10:21 AM
    Where can I do this?
    Thanks!
    I don't know where you can download it ota, but I have the old cod. Did you ever do a 3rd party app backup when you had the old appworld installed?

09-22-10 09:10 AM
    Did you ever do a 3rd party app backup when you had the old appworld installed?
    I never manually backed it up. Is it part of the automatic backup that happens automatically when you connect to the Desktop Manager?
    09-26-10 10:46 PM
    I have issues since upgrading app world as well. In my case all my paid apps are now trials. Berrybuzz was rendered useless when I upgraded the app. It upgraded me to a three day trial. I couldn't get it to download the purchased version so I gave up deleted it then purchased it from crackberry. I think I will end up doing that will all my paid apps eventually. This app world upgraded has been the worst. I hope you get it worked out.
    09-26-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD