Ok so I'm in the UK, purchased a 9800 Torch -Love it!!

Question: Does anyone have the same problem as me, in that they can't find BlackBerry maps?

I liked the feature when you could send location to someone on BBM, but they are complaining they can't see anything when they open it up.

Not just that but I liked BB maps.

Is there someone im missing? It is an ATT branded phone, have they somehow disabled it or something?

Thanks in advance for your replies
    09-04-10 02:44 PM
    When I connected to DM, I saw the maps weren't loaded. I don't use BB maps, but just hook it to DM, and that will take care of it.
    09-04-10 02:48 PM
    When I connected to DM, I saw the maps weren't loaded. I don't use BB maps, but just hook it to DM, and that will take care of it.
    didn't work.
    09-04-10 03:07 PM
    Go to the blackberry webpages for maps send the ota ling via email it will download and install a small file allowing you to use the blackberry maps that's already on your phone att blocked it to push their crummy maps service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 04:48 PM
    Go to the blackberry webpages for maps send the ota link via email it will download and install a small file allowing you to use the blackberry maps that's already on your phone att blocked it to push their crummy maps service

09-04-10 04:48 PM
    Go to the blackberry webpages for maps send the ota ling via email it will download and install a small file allowing you to use the blackberry maps that's already on your phone att blocked it to push their crummy maps service

nope didnt work. but let me try a reset
    09-04-10 04:58 PM
    This is about 5 pages back...

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...&CPID=SENDLINK

09-04-10 06:50 PM
    Question: Does anyone have the same problem as me, in that they can't find BlackBerry maps?
    I have the exact same problem as yours. I downloaded and installed the map icon but it didn't show up at all. Have you had any luck figure out what is going wrong?
    09-04-10 08:45 PM
    Did you ensure it is not hidden or any sub folder (maybe even hidden there)? For me it showed up under the root directory of all (BIS and BES devices). Have you rebooted your device?

09-04-10 10:11 PM
    Did you ensure it is not hidden or any sub folder (maybe even hidden there)? For me it showed up under the root directory of all (BIS and BES devices). Have you rebooted your device?

It is not hidden or in any sub folder, but can be found in the Application Manager. After a few hours or reboot, actually it even disappear from the Application Manager. It seems to me, it is not really installed in the memory but only in some temporary space. Is there any setting for the Application to install in a specific space?
    09-05-10 12:28 AM
    Nope. Try installing again and see if it asks you to replace the original file - say yes.

And you do actually have BB Maps installed via Desktop Manager right?

09-05-10 12:36 AM
    Nope. Try installing again and see if it asks you to replace the original file - say yes.

And you do actually have BB Maps installed via Desktop Manager right?

No, I don't think he does.
    09-05-10 06:13 AM
    i did. but its still not on here
    09-05-10 11:57 AM
    Some other forum says that you need a data plan in order to successfully install the map icon and run it? It doesn't make sence to me. anybody use the built-in GPS and map without a data plan?
    09-07-10 11:10 PM
    ok so I just messed about with a setting under sim card just for fun, came out and bb maps is there, changed the sim card setting back, maps still there. battery pull and maps still there. happy days
    09-23-10 03:32 PM
    hi there what settings did you mess with
    11-08-10 04:46 PM
    kinda have/got the same problem has the OP

was missing maps from the menu but it was in app manager, i uninstalled it from app manager thinking it was a corrupt install and tried to install it from blackberry.com/maps, but that only has a part of the app(why?what a stupid idea)
    where can i get the full install package from.
    Higher up in the thread someone mentioned installing via DM, how do you do this?
    11-27-10 03:29 PM
    If you can't find the icon, have you tried using universal search?
    11-27-10 06:16 PM
    its not there. i need the full install package. where can i get it from?
    11-27-10 07:12 PM
    Listen my friend u should have bb service if u want the map. Show on I got the same problem but when I had the bb servic mt problems solved

11-28-10 03:13 PM
    ive got the BB service, as i can use apps like facebook, and ebay social/rss feeds

im just missing that application since i uninstalled it, how to install it again?
    11-29-10 03:28 PM
    I have the same issue I want to use the bbmaps but I was told from a ATT rep that they do not support it so they set the phone up so you can not use it. The program is indeed installed trying using your fb app and try places it uses bbmaps and you can use it from there as well. Wish there was just a freaking icon instead of going through all this
    12-01-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD