I got weather eye but there seems no way to update it on demand. I just want something that I can update when I want and also view hourly and week view. Just the basics but I want to hit update whenever I want.
    05-03-09 02:59 PM
    It's not free, but BerryWeather (might be called BEWeather or something now because of a trademark thing). It's in the app store. I really like it. I don't have it running all the time; I just open it up and update when I feel like I need to know the weather for work (I work outside and live 40 miles away). I have 5 locations in it right now. It's a nice program; very customizeable and no memory leak on my phone.
    05-03-09 03:10 PM
    BerryWeather has my vote. Here is a whole thread talking about it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...er-wow-195045/
    05-03-09 03:19 PM
    Berryweather has my vote as well. It's very simple to use. Only con that I can think of is no radar for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:00 PM
    yup +1 on berryweather.

BerryWeather - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

it's a paid app but the ui is great and you can update it on command.
    05-03-09 04:23 PM
    Whenever you open Weathereye it will update automatically (or at least it does for me). I don't see a point in paying for something which is available for free (unless you're a newscaster, then I understand your need for serious weather updates)
    05-03-09 04:30 PM
    I use WeatherEye but with WeatherBug you can update yourself too.

05-03-09 05:05 PM
    I also use WeatherEye.
    05-03-09 05:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/wo...-1-app-220283/

You might keep an eye on this one. The op is a really great app creator that knows what he is doing.

05-03-09 05:17 PM
    Weatherbug -- slow, kills batt, kills mem, poor interface, ads, great detailed info, radar, gps
    Weathereye -- poor interface, not enough info for my tastes, slows down phone
    Berryweather -- great interface, detailed info, lots of customizability, no mem leak (as far as i can tell compared to the previous two), no radar, no gps

berryweather costs a little, but its oh-so worth it. only gripe i have against it is that you have to reenter the activation code every time you install a new OS..which means I have to dig through my messages to find the code

with my experience with all of them, especially with wb and bw, i highly recommend shelling out a bit for bw. its worth it (download the trial first and see if you like it)

otherwise if you want a free alternative get wb
    05-03-09 05:20 PM
    Weatherbug -- slow, kills batt, kills mem, poor interface, ads, great detailed info, radar, gps
    Weathereye -- poor interface, not enough info for my tastes, slows down phone
    Berryweather -- great interface, detailed info, lots of customizability, no mem leak (as far as i can tell compared to the previous two), no radar, no gps
    Exactly! Lack of memory leak being one of the biggest pros.
    05-03-09 05:24 PM
    I like getting weather advisories with BerryWeather. Good thing to know this time of year as severe weather can develop quickly.
    05-03-09 05:26 PM
    I have BBWeather & AccuWeather. Both are good & free. Accuweather is one of those apps that when you click on the icon, it launches the browser which is sometimes bothersome, but it is usually pretty accurate.

05-03-09 05:30 PM
    I downloaded berryweather, I'll use the trial for a while but it seems worth the 10 bucks. Thanks guys, would have never tried it without the recommendation.
    05-03-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD