I'm on my 2nd 9810 (the first one started acting up). Blackberry Protect came on my first one- and now that I got my replacement today its nowhere to be found? Not in applications or anywhere else, as I said I knew where it was on my first one. When I go to protects website it tells me its not available for this phone? What's goin on?? Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 02:17 PM
    Have you done a universal search for it on your phone? If for some reason it isn't there, get it from AppWorld.
    10-14-11 02:28 PM
    If u are referring to the magnifying glass search thing yes. And all it brings up is the browser emblym. I'm at a loss

10-14-11 02:31 PM
    To make this whole thing even more odd- when I search blackberry protect in the app world it doesn't show up. It brings up screen locks and other things but still not it.

10-14-11 02:33 PM
    Like Newcollector said above, App World. It's free, no BB should be without Protect.

Oops, you posted while I was typing. Good luck, hope you can find it.
    10-14-11 02:34 PM
    You hit the magnifying glass and type in BlackBerry Protect and you get nothing? Then go to AppWorld and download it.
    10-14-11 02:35 PM
    It can't hurt to make sure the icon isn't in "hidden" status on your home screen.
    10-14-11 02:38 PM
    The version for the 9810 is NOT on App World. Before anything, did you make sure that the icon is not hidden? If it is, un-hide it and then you're good. If it is not there, you should be able to reload it through the Desktop Manager instead. You need to be sure that it is uninstalled from the phone, THEN reload it from DM. There are several apps that are like this. They are not available on App World, yet came loaded on the phone with different (later) versions.
    newcollector likes this.
    10-14-11 02:38 PM
    Ok will give all this a shot. Very odd how some things happen. Thanks yall

10-14-11 02:51 PM
    The version for the 9810 is NOT on App World. Before anything, did you make sure that the icon is not hidden? If it is, un-hide it and then you're good. If it is not there, you should be able to reload it through the Desktop Manager instead. You need to be sure that it is uninstalled from the phone, THEN reload it from DM. There are several apps that are like this. They are not available on App World, yet came loaded on the phone with different (later) versions.
    Forgot all about the "Hide" feature in the menu. Duh!! Good luck, and let us know if it was there.
    10-14-11 02:58 PM
    Didn't show up in "hide" feature yall. Gonna try to download it from protect website. Will keep u posted- thanks for all the help

10-15-11 07:50 AM
    Hey there milcoast,
    Ok lets start with some minor understanding here for your device.

1.Is your device Torch 9810?? (if yes you cant download the BB Protect from App world cause is not there and it comes preinstalled with your device.)
    2.When you bought your device u had to do a Setup for your Email, BBM, Social Networking and Blackberry Protect.
    3.If you did that and by any chance you omit some of the setups you can go and tap on magnify glass and type "Setup" and you'll the the Setup Icon on the first Row.
    4.Tap on it and you'll gonna see a bunch of icons and at the end of the row is a Yellow Shield and it says BlackBerry Protect.
    5.Tap on it and follow the on screen Instructions.

NOW in case non of the above instructions are not good then that's mean you delete the app from your device, or it wasn't installed on to your device from the beginning.(i doubted it wasn't installed and the software guy forget to installed in the device 0.01%)

Here is a link where you can DL your Protect for OS7.
    But you have to be on you Phone to install this app: BlackBerry Protect OTA

Good Luck!
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 10-15-11 at 12:03 PM.
    10-15-11 12:00 PM
    I haven't had a few minutes to try this but will this evening, whether it works or not (and ill let u know) thank you in advance for doing all of this.

10-15-11 03:58 PM
    MANY THANKS! I just clicked on the link u sent and it downloaded fine and working perfect! I went back thru setup and no icon for protect was there. No idea what all happened but I'm back in business. Thanks to all that replied and long live Blackberry

10-15-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD