Hey guys this is my first post here and it's not a good one. I recently tried updating my storm to one of the leaks with pretty bad results. It ended up not functioning at all and every time I turned it on it would display error code 523 or something like that. So I went to Verizon, chatted with various people there for like an hour and they finally decided to send me a new phone. So here's where the story gets amazing, I got the phone today and ended up bricking this one too (don't ask how).

Now though, the message is "reload software 507" and I found a few fixes for this online. The only thing is, every fix requires me to find the app loader in my RIM directory, and after reinstalling blackberry desktop manager 4.7 I still can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps they removed the app loader from Desktop Manager 4.7? It's still there when I actually open the DM but I can't find it in the directory.
    04-15-09 04:55 PM
    C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader then double click on the Loader.exe file

After the device software loads and the device boots up, restore from a previous backup.
    04-15-09 04:57 PM
    C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader then double click on the Loader.exe file

After the device software loads and the device boots up, restore from a previous backup.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader

That's the path for anyone running Vista x64.
    04-15-09 05:08 PM
    Alright so I finally found the apploader but once I get to the part where I'm supposed to choose what I want to install on the BB I get the message "The blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

This is a brand new desktop manager so I guess I just don't have the files needed for the storm yet. How can I get those files?
    04-15-09 05:42 PM
    Alright so I finally found the apploader but once I get to the part where I'm supposed to choose what I want to install on the BB I get the message "The blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

This is a brand new desktop manager so I guess I just don't have the files needed for the storm yet. How can I get those files?
    You don't have the device software installed to your computer. Go to this link and click the Verizon link. Download the software and save to your desktop. Then double click the icon and it will install to your computer. Then go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and double click on the Loader.exe file.
    04-15-09 05:49 PM
    Thanks everybody, finally got it to work, I thought I was screwed. If anyone has the same problem don't be afraid of the 10 min reboot after you reinstall the software, it's supposed to happen.
    04-15-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD