I've only had my Blackberry Curve a few days and trying to get Messenger to work. I read something that I need to download the app from mobile.blackberry.com, however, I don't see download options. I only see the help link and link to blackberry.com. Same page shows up when I access it through my pc. It's like it's not seeing that I'm trying to load the page from my blackberry.

I'm using the browser that came with the blackberry and emulation is set to Blackberry.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by brhinehart; 10-09-08 at 11:22 AM.
    10-09-08 11:17 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your problem. Do you have BBMessenger installed, and can't figure out how to use it, or are you trying to install it? I can help you with the second scenario.

You can't download BBMessenger OTA for current OS's. It's included in the OS. If it's not installed on your Curve, then you can run the App Loader and install it, if you have the device OS installed on your PC.

If none of what I just wrote makes any sense to you, that's ok. You just need to perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. It will help you free up memory, as well as show you how to install your OS on your PC and add and remove apps, such as BBMessenger. It'll solve your problem and you'll learn a lot about your device in the process.
    10-09-08 10:02 PM
    I have installed 4.5 OS but still having problems with accessing mobile.blackberry.com. I even tried opera but can't get to the downloads on that web page. It seems that it thinks I'm on a pc and not on my blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 11:11 PM
    Oh and I was trying to install microsoft live messenger. I finally installed it and downloaded the service books but it hangs when signing in. But that's another issue...

10-09-08 11:13 PM
    I have installed 4.5 OS but still having problems with accessing mobile.blackberry.com. I even tried opera but can't get to the downloads on that web page. It seems that it thinks I'm on a pc and not on my blackberry.

Make sure your browser emulation is set to BlackBerry. If you're emulating IE, that could explain your problem. Options / Browser Configuration / Emulation Mode: BlackBerry
    10-09-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD