I just got a notification that an upgrade was available for weatherbug elite, but when I go into appworld to download it I get: "weatherbug elite is not available for download from appworld."

Any ideas?
    11-01-09 10:28 PM
    Crap, I uninstalled weatherbug elite so I could try and reinstall it. But I still can't download it from appworld. So now I don't even have the old version of it.
    11-01-09 11:43 PM
    They finally added Bold support over the weekend and I was able to purchase version 1.0.0.827 through App World. That sucks now you don't even have a version of it.
    11-02-09 12:41 AM
    I just got a notification that an upgrade was available for weatherbug elite, but when I go into appworld to download it I get: "weatherbug elite is not available for download from appworld."

Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem!! very frustrating.
    11-02-09 09:48 AM
    I just had the exact same thing, but with QuickLaunch. Question for you: have you done an OS upgrade since buying the app?

I had purchased QL when it was v2.11, but I had the newest QL (2.12.4) for a couple weeks when I bricked my Tour during a failed OS upgrade.
    It ended up wiped and I had to re-load the original OS back on.

All apps gone, download App World, log in, QL is there and I didn't even notice it was back to 2.11 until I got the update notification the next day.
    Then I get that same "not available" message.

Here's what I did:
    1. Delete QL.
    2. Reboot as required.
    3. Return to App World, go to My World, scroll to Uninstalled QL entry at bottom.
    4. With QL highlighted, hold ALT and type R+S+T.
    5. Just wait: App World will likely freeze, then close after a good 30 secs to a min.
    6. Returned to App World, go to My World, press MENU, Log In.
    7. Re-install QL, enter code. It's 2.11 still.
    8. Back out of My World, then go back in.
    9. Select QL, click Upgrade, and it worked now!

App World is still sometimes funny with upgrades. Try going to the app in the regular listings instead of in My World too. I've had that work a couple times when I had trouble updating other apps.
    11-02-09 07:55 PM
    You rock man! That fixed it. WOOOOOHOOOOOO! That's been driving me nuckin futs for 2 days.

I purchased the app while I was on .40 then upgraded to .57. I actually tried to reload .40 to see if that was the problem and now it seems that I'm stuck with .57. I tried to load .61 and .40 but I keep getting a fatal error while it tries to connect to the boot rom. Well, one problem solved at least. Thanks!

I just had the exact same thing, but with QuickLaunch. Question for you: have you done an OS upgrade since buying the app?

I had purchased QL when it was v2.11, but I had the newest QL (2.12.4) for a couple weeks when I bricked my Tour during a failed OS upgrade.
    It ended up wiped and I had to re-load the original OS back on.

All apps gone, download App World, log in, QL is there and I didn't even notice it was back to 2.11 until I got the update notification the next day.
    Then I get that same "not available" message.

Here's what I did:
    1. Delete QL.
    2. Reboot as required.
    3. Return to App World, go to My World, scroll to Uninstalled QL entry at bottom.
    4. With QL highlighted, hold ALT and type R+S+T.
    5. Just wait: App World will likely freeze, then close after a good 30 secs to a min.
    6. Returned to App World, go to My World, press MENU, Log In.
    7. Re-install QL, enter code. It's 2.11 still.
    8. Back out of My World, then go back in.
    9. Select QL, click Upgrade, and it worked now!

App World is still sometimes funny with upgrades. Try going to the app in the regular listings instead of in My World too. I've had that work a couple times when I had trouble updating other apps.
    Last edited by heelsbigc; 11-02-09 at 10:46 PM.
    11-02-09 10:38 PM
    You rock man! That fixed it. WOOOOOHOOOOOO! That's been driving me nuckin futs for 2 days.

I purchased the app while I was on .40 then upgraded to .57. I actually tried to reload .40 to see if that was the problem and now it seems that I'm stuck with .57. I tried to load .61 and .40 but I keep getting a fatal error while it tries to connect to the boot rom. Well, one problem solved at least. Thanks!
    Maybe I can help you twice in a day. I also had a fatal error downloading .61 the first time. After a very bad weekend, my Tour was restored (but with .40). Yesterday, I upgraded to .61 and it went smooth as butter.

A couple points:
    - make sure you download via Internet Explorer, not Firefox. Not sure why or if this actually matters, but I've had trouble all 3 times I've downloaded something from RIM via Firefox.
    - before you download any OS, clear out all other OS downloads from your PC. Go to the AppLoader folder (C/Program Files x86/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader). Delete all contents. Then Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program: delete anything BB/RIM there except Desktop Manager
    - now re-download!
    - make sure Desktop Manager is closed
    - go to the same App Loader folder and delete vendor file. It often re-appears magically and needs to be deleted a 2nd time. Click the Loader entry there to launch the OS upgrade without using DM

SORRY THIS IS OFF-TOPIC!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:09 PM
    I had the exact same problem described in the thread, and was getting really frustrated. App World had put a notice in my inbox telling me about the available upgrade. I clicked the message, App World opened up, showed me the available upgrade -- I selected "upgrade", and then got the same silly message saying that it wasn't available from App World.

I searched the web, found a couple of inconclusive threads, and advice on RIM's site talking about "clearing the App World" cache (alt R S T), which did nothing for me.

I finally tried one other thing: I realized that even though "my world" was showing my installed apps, and the available upgrade, I was not yet LOGGED IN to App World. I was not, therefore, authenticated to the App World e-commerce server. So -- I logged in while in App World, tried the upgrade again, and this time it worked without any hesitation at all.

Dopey that App World provides the wrong error message, and that nobody on RIM's site could offer appropriate advice. But it seems that all that's necessary is to be logged into your App World account via the program before you attempt the upgrade, and you should be fine.

Only one other item here: although the website claims that ver 827 is available, App World downloads 1.0.0.825.

Also (OK, that's two other items), even after installing 825 and rebooting, and seeing 825 working just fine, App World seems to think that it should still offer me a chance to upgrade to 825 again, over my new copy of 825...

One day I hope RIM gets this working more smoothly!
    11-04-09 08:27 PM
    You're my freakin' hero. I had been downloading the updates with firefox. Deleted everything, downloaded with ie and the upgrade to .61 went flawlessly. A BIG thanks.

Maybe I can help you twice in a day. I also had a fatal error downloading .61 the first time. After a very bad weekend, my Tour was restored (but with .40). Yesterday, I upgraded to .61 and it went smooth as butter.

A couple points:
    - make sure you download via Internet Explorer, not Firefox. Not sure why or if this actually matters, but I've had trouble all 3 times I've downloaded something from RIM via Firefox.
    - before you download any OS, clear out all other OS downloads from your PC. Go to the AppLoader folder (C/Program Files x86/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader). Delete all contents. Then Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program: delete anything BB/RIM there except Desktop Manager
    - now re-download!
    - make sure Desktop Manager is closed
    - go to the same App Loader folder and delete vendor file. It often re-appears magically and needs to be deleted a 2nd time. Click the Loader entry there to launch the OS upgrade without using DM

SORRY THIS IS OFF-TOPIC!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:30 PM
    You're my freakin' hero. I had been downloading the updates with firefox. Deleted everything, downloaded with ie and the upgrade to .61 went flawlessly. A BIG thanks.
    I'll send you a "Vote for elite1" t-shirt!

Haha, seriously, you're very welcome!
    Glad my trial & error can help others once in a while...
    11-04-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD