When I delete an app, blackberry app store archives it for some reason, and I can't delete the archives

They're int he "Downloads"-folder, I can't delete them there, I can't find them in my file browser and when I go to my world, highlight them, menu -> delete, nothing happens !

Two of my friends have BBs (curve 8520 and storm) and they don't seem to have this problem: when they delete the app in myworld the archive dissapears...

Is this a Bold OS issue ? I'm running 4.6.0.221
    09-07-09 08:44 AM
    Applications installed from the appworld must be deleted from appworld: myworld

If you delete it from tools>advanced options>applications then it will still show up in appworld.
    To delete it completely you must reinstall through appworld and delete through appworld.

I am not sure if it will be completely deleted, but you can try to use BBFileScout.
    Go to store/blackberry/app_world/downloads/your PIN/select the program then menu>delete
    Last edited by mandony; 09-07-09 at 09:15 AM.
    09-07-09 09:06 AM
    I did that, but app world still archived it after deletion

I can't find it in store/... my PIN-folder is just empty...
    09-07-09 09:22 AM
    I can't either. It's really annoying.
    10-08-09 08:50 AM
    what I did to delete the archived apps:
    1. Open up "My World" in the app world. (last icon in the app world)
    2. select the archived app that you wish to delete
    3. Hit the BB button, delete.. and it will uninstall it... that should get rid of the archived app icon in the download folder.
    10-08-09 09:00 AM
    3. Hit the BB button, delete.. and it will uninstall it... that should get rid of the archived app icon in the download folder.
    this is correct.
    10-08-09 10:28 AM
    Mine isn't showing the archived app in My World, just in the Download folder.
    10-10-09 08:22 AM
    I also have this annoying problem, I have installed and uninstalled some programs with BB Apps and after I uninstalled the apps including BB App world, I reinstalled App World and the uninstalled apps appear again in My world, it is really a big bug I can not deal with, anyone has fixed it ?

Regards,

TEEH
    10-13-09 06:13 PM
    It must be something in the OS. I had the same problem as everyone else. I upgraded to OS 5.0.0.238 and it seems to have solved the problem with that. I'm not claiming that will fix it for you, but it seems to have fixed it for me.
    10-13-09 06:16 PM
    If archived, you must RESTORE, then go back to app world and delete.
    10-13-09 06:20 PM
    When I delete an app, blackberry app store archives it for some reason, and I can't delete the archives

They're int he "Downloads"-folder, I can't delete them there, I can't find them in my file browser and when I go to my world, highlight them, menu -> delete, nothing happens !

Two of my friends have BBs (curve 8520 and storm) and they don't seem to have this problem: when they delete the app in myworld the archive dissapears...

Is this a Bold OS issue ? I'm running 4.6.0.221
    They should stop showing as archived when deleted from within app world. Try doing what SAFE88 said.
    Why dont you update the OS to at least .266? its quite a firm build, just a suggestion.
    10-13-09 06:22 PM
    Go into App World, then My World and hold Alt and press RST

This should fix things...
    10-13-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD