Just installed 1.7 and now it wont connect to Facebook servers.. I tried the internet, and the internet is working. Anyone else having issues?
    10-17-09 01:26 AM
    I can't even get it to install....
    10-17-09 01:58 AM
    I downloaded it and after the phone rebooted I launched the app and mine works fine. I know you have but I am going to ask anyway, have you done a battery pull?
    10-17-09 02:00 AM
    I had issues with it before and after I updated. Can't log into it currently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 02:22 AM
    I downloaded it and after the phone rebooted I launched the app and mine works fine. I know you have but I am going to ask anyway, have you done a battery pull?
    Indeed I have, but I just deleted Facebook, so I'm gonna try to download it again and see how that goes.

I wish it didn't take 7 minutes to reboot this thing
    10-17-09 03:44 PM
    im having the same issues with my phone. It constantly says it cannot connect or it times out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. A co-worker of mine has no issues connecting on his BBStorm though
    10-17-09 04:02 PM
    Are you using Blackberry browser rather than Hotspot? I could only download it using BB browser and switching from hotspot browser. Maybe the same's true of internet connection in use?

10-17-09 04:08 PM
    On the DL page - is says it can only be used with the BB Browser. What's the hotspot browser?
    10-17-09 04:17 PM
    I reinstalled it, and its still no go .. stupid facebook... I dunno what happened.. I used BB Browser to download it.. and it will not log in, says cannot connect to facebook server.
    10-18-09 07:56 PM
    On the DL page - is says it can only be used with the BB Browser. What's the hotspot browser?
    It's quite confusing, but I think the Hotspot browser is the one that should be used to connect to a (wi-fi) wireless access point when roaming, and is not linked to BES. The manual says BB Browser is for BBs with BES (which is why I think Facebook 1.7 works this way), and if you're using a work phone the Hotspot Browser may not be available to you.

However I connect using either method with no apparent difference...

Clear as mud. Am sure there's a better and more detailed explanation elsewhere on the CB forum somewhere, but I have yet to find it.
    10-19-09 03:02 AM
    Just installed 1.7 and now it wont connect to Facebook servers.. I tried the internet, and the internet is working. Anyone else having issues?
    Does anyone know if the OS for the phone you are currently running might currently affect a new version of this app?
    Not sure if that would affect the problem of the OP? Just throwing an idea out there.

I'm running FB 1.6.0.21 on OS 4.7.1.40
    I'll be updating my OS at the end of this month when I have a long weekend and will update everything else then too.
    10-19-09 03:11 AM
    im having the same issues with my phone. It constantly says it cannot connect or it times out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. A co-worker of mine has no issues connecting on his BBStorm though
    I'm having the same exact problem. Very frustrating. Not sure what to do. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the battery pull in the mix, still a no go. I wonder if permissions for the app need to be reset?
    10-19-09 06:46 AM
    I'm having the same exact problem. Very frustrating. Not sure what to do. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the battery pull in the mix, still a no go. I wonder if permissions for the app need to be reset?
    Tried the permissions thing, still no go.
    10-20-09 04:18 PM
    I could log in..but I get the message "a connection cannot be established to the facebook server" Since yesterday
    10-20-09 04:26 PM
    Well I am getting your session has expired please log in again, again, and again... I need help...
    10-20-09 04:31 PM
    Now for some reason it connected with no problems... This is strange...
    10-20-09 04:38 PM
    You need BIS for Facebook 1.7 apparently.. if you go to m.facebook.com and try to download it, it says you need Browser Service for facebook 1.7
    10-20-09 04:40 PM
    Now it booted me off again... I have BIS can go everywhere but my connection to FB is not working....
    10-20-09 05:04 PM
    weird. I do not have BIS, and 1.6 worked fine for me, now 1.7 does not because it needs BIS
    10-20-09 07:48 PM
    I'm having a different issue. Up until 5pm today, I was getting facebook messages to my phone. Since then, nothing.
    10-20-09 09:21 PM
    Just downloaded the new facebook and it won't connect to the server. Now I just want to get the old one back until they resolve this issue. I have data and all, twitter, myspace works but not facebook. Anyone have any suggestions?
    11-16-09 04:30 PM
    Just downloaded the new facebook and it won't connect to the server. Now I just want to get the old one back until they resolve this issue. I have data and all, twitter, myspace works but not facebook. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Facebook is down for everyone with a Blackberry right now.
    11-16-09 06:11 PM
    i am getting the same problem.. i've updated.. ive deleted nd reinstall and nothing.. same cant connect to server! im getting fustrated can anyone help me?
    07-23-10 01:09 PM
    I believe I've found the solution to the problem. Log into Facebook from the desktop version and go to your settings>notifications>UNCHECK Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones. I did that and it worked for me, please confirm if that works.

07-23-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD