Trying to access hotmail via hotmail.com or mobile.live.com I get the message:
    The Microsoft service that you are attempting to access is not supporty by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requirement for this service is full WAP 2.0 support.

I've tried changing browser to firefox and internet explorer, but still get the same message.
    11-08-09 06:18 AM
    others , including myself are having issues as well..

Re: Problem occur with Bold 9700...With Bell Canad... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I'm on Bell, no hotmail, no youtube vids, various other sites won't load
    11-08-09 08:16 AM
    I will be getting a 9700, and I'm also on hotmail.

Were you able to test that at the store when you got it and did it work correctly there or did you get the device in the mail? What I'm trying to figure out is whether the device acted correctly and then did it become unstable. You answer may help me decide whether to get it at the store or in the mail.
    11-08-09 08:22 AM
    I'm with rogers and picked it up in store, but did not try it until I transferred my settings from bold 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:34 AM
    I think I might ask them in the store to set up my hotmail there and then send out a couple of test messages...juuuust to make sure then...

I'm thinking the YouTube should be easy to test....

What about your contacts?
    11-08-09 08:50 AM
    Interesting... I just picked up my new Bold 9700 yesterday (Bell Mobility) and can't get onto Hotmail either. (I've tried both browsers) and am getting the same error message. I also just started a new thread titled "Newbie needs help". I can get onto youtube, it asks if I want to switch to WAP to view, I say "YES", and it won't play.... (it just says "buffering")..... Hmmmmmm
    11-08-09 09:07 AM
    I haven't tried Bluetooth..... but I have a feeling it will be the same. This thing sucks. It's my first Blackberry, I was all happy to get it, now am upset and might return it.
    11-08-09 09:10 AM
    jrsryder exchange the bold 9700 get new one play around as much as u could...
    for youtube fix use this app "http://vision.metova.com/download"
    still workin on hotmail nba and few other sites we cant get in...

hang in there, i m pretty sure its the software...not the speed of network..
    11-09-09 08:48 AM
    Well.....just got hotmail working after talking to tech support. They reset network and had access within a few minutes. mobile.live.com or mail.live.com
    11-19-09 06:21 PM
    Same here
    11-19-09 09:13 PM
    get a gmail, then forward all your hotmail to it...then start using your gmail...hotmail is so 90s haha
    11-19-09 10:30 PM
    you can have your hotmail pushed to your bold but you cant acess the site.. it sucks cuz i am a hotmail user as well
    11-19-09 11:04 PM
    The Microsoft service that you are attempting to access is not supporty by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requirement for this service is full WAP 2.0 support.

I've tried changing browser to firefox and internet explorer, but still get the same message.
    Why wouldnt you set it up through the email set up instead of going through the browser... I know it has support for hotmail...
    11-20-09 12:14 AM

if you go into Browser Options, then Browser Configuration, then switch "Browser Identification" to "Internet Explorer" it will then work to get into hotmail.
    11-20-09 01:29 PM
    Interesting... I just picked up my new Bold 9700 yesterday (Bell Mobility) and can't get onto Hotmail either. (I've tried both browsers) and am getting the same error message. I also just started a new thread titled "Newbie needs help". I can get onto youtube, it asks if I want to switch to WAP to view, I say "YES", and it won't play.... (it just says "buffering")..... Hmmmmmm
    I just received my phone and went right to youtubeasked me the same thing (I said yes) and it plays great. All videos play on youtube and they play great. All my E-Mails work and one is hotmail. T-Mobile account

Vinny
    11-21-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD