Hello new to CB, sorry If this is a repeated question I have searched and called tech support from my provider but I have not found a solution as of yet
    I got a BB curve 9300 on Friday, was having trouble connecting to my wifi. Similar trouble to what I have read from other posts with OS 5.0...
    With my package from Bell I got what the call he Social 40, Includes unlimited Facebook�, Twitter�, MySpace�, BlackBerry� Messenger, Windows Live� Messenger, Yahoo!� Messenger and Google� Talk.
    Now there is no data with this package , planning to use WiFi for any data I may need.
    This first thing I noticed there was no Facebook app with the phone, so I tried downloading from BB app world; couldn't connect to WiFi. I found how to switch to hotspot WiFi also where you could switch from IE , Firefox,or BB browsers.

I downloaded the the desk top soft to my Mac to sync with my Curve. Once installed, connected my mac to my BB told me I had updates so I did the update. Once completed I had the OS 6.0 installed ( see my sig exact OS details). After the update had no trouble connecting to WiFi. The update was one click very easy unlike some of the guides I have read on updating to OS 6.0.
    Only problem is now I cannot change the browser, the OS is suppose to auto pick the browser. When I go to BB app world this is the message I get a big red X says to get the blackberry App world browser plug in, the blackBerry app world browser plug in is not supported for your operating system.
    There seems to be no option to get this plug in or change my browser.
    When I log in with my Mac I get the same message which i understand. I find it strange that I was able to update my BB via my Mac so easily but not able to access the app world store.
    Stranger is that the app world doesn't not recognize my BB when I try to log in.
    Can anyone help with this ?
    One other thing is the OS 6.0 seems to using a lot more memory, shows that I only have 65.78 MB, I do have a 2 gig micro card. Haven't figured out to download to that card yet but I haven't had to cause I cant get to the app site.
    Maybe someone can tell me if its possible to download to the micro card and not to the system memory. I have already noticed that when browsing the web my system memory gets low, I get a message that BB needs to clear, it seems to do some sort of soft power down.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to offer.
    02-20-11 02:49 PM
    There's no BlackBerry App World browser plug in for Mac currently. You will need to use Windows.

And you won't be able to use BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry without a FULL BlackBerry Data Plan.

You also won't be able to use the BlackBerry Browser on the Social Plan.

And you can't install apps on the Media Card.
    02-20-11 02:58 PM
    You can't download any apps to your MicroSD card first of all, everything app related has to be downloaded right onto the internal memory of the Blackberry. As well you will not be able to use the default BB browser with wifi, you will need an alternative such as Opera or Bolt.

As well the app world requires a full data plan which allows browsing.
    02-20-11 03:04 PM
    Ok well I pretty much figured a data plan was required which I don't understand? I guess that even if i had a data plan that I would not be able to get to the App world site via WiFi it has to accessed via a cellular network?
    What browser am I using over WiFi now? seems to work ok...
    Also how do I get the apps I need to use with my Bell plan ? the only ones that came with the phone are Twitter and BB messenger.
    I dont have Facebook�,MySpace�,Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!� Messenger and Google™ Talk.
    I dont necessarily need them I just want to know how to get them?
    thanks for the replies
    02-20-11 03:52 PM
    If you have a Full BlackBerry Data Plan, then you can use BlackBerry App World over WiFi.

Facebook should have already been there. But if it's not, you CAN load it through BlackBerry App World on a computer. But you will have to get access to a Windows computer.

And it sounds like you are using the Hotspot Browser.
    02-20-11 04:33 PM
    Update you can access the app store over wifi without a data plan.
    Today at work on my windows computer I loaded Facebook, and a couple other apps which included a "required" App world app after all was done. ON my PC I browsed to the desktop download page followed the steps. Downloaded an app (while still connected to my work PC) just to make sure everything worked. When I got home I checked the App world app and it lets me search; download any app i wish through my WiFi with no data plan
    02-21-11 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD