Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By biggiebobo
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cannot purchase App from BB App world by Carrier billing payment

Hello all.
    I tried to purchased BB App world via Carrier billing (because here in my country where I live they provide the payment option for that), and I am using Vodacom pre-paid for my BlackBerry 9790, but while I am purchasing the paid apps, these words came out: "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED WHILE SETTING UP BILLING THROUGH YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER. PLEASE TRY AGAIN." also "THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONNECTING TO THE PAYMENT SYSTEM".

I have looked everywhere and they said I have to call to the Vodacom call center and ask to set the WPA2 or something.

My question is: is there any other way to set the setting by myself so that I can pay via Carrier Billing instead of calling the Call centre? Because I have called them so many times (maybe they are busy at the moment) and they don't answer the phone.

Thank you,
    AL
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,551 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Do you have enough balance on the account to accommodate the purchase? It is possible that the Carrier Billing can only be accommodated with monthly paid services and not a prepaid service. You probably would be better off calling in as we can only speculate.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

@MobileMadness002: I have enough balance on the account already. I have also read the news somewhere that Vodacom provide this type of payment not only for the contract service, but also for the pre-paid service. Unfortunately when I tried to call them they don't answer the phone, and I have to wait for so long, so I haven't phoned them again, so that's why I ask for another solution that I can do myself here...
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by biggiebobo View Post
    @MobileMadness002: I have enough balance on the account already. I have also read the news somewhere that Vodacom provide this type of payment not only for the contract service, but also for the pre-paid service. Unfortunately when I tried to call them they don't answer the phone, and I have to wait for so long, so I haven't phoned them again, so that's why I ask for another solution that I can do myself here...
    Yes. Pre-Paid accounts appear to be eligible for carrier billing; however your device may not be provisioned for such services at this time.
    Vodacom brings integrated carrier billing to their customers | CrackBerry.com
    I think as mentioned, contacting your carrier is the best solution.
    Not sure how long you have been waiting or how many times you attempted, but I can't see a carrier not taking direct calls from customers.
    Especially if you're calling directly from a handheld on their network that they have sold directly to you.
    Whether you get great treatment or not is one thing, but no response at all sounds a bit off.

What number are you calling? Could you be calling corporate instead of customer services?
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hello, thank you for all the solution. Yes this afternoon I went to Vodacom center at the mall. What surprising was that at the mall and in open spaces area, the internet signal is much more stronger rather than at home, so yes, they guy at Vodacom office just connect the app and then demonstrate it once again for me without changing the networking or even without "turning on the wireless connection", and it successfully purchased the apps that I wanted to buy. So the answer for this is - people who wants to buy the App @ BBApp world (if the provider provides the billing payment through your card) especially for Vodacom, then you just need to find the "strong" signal and confirm your BlackBerry ID few times, and connect to it. It makes me wonder somehow why some people gave solution to people that they have to "connect to wireless/wpa2 setting" whenever they want to purchase the paid apps @ BBApp world. Mine don't have to do that, and it's not a must. Thanks Vodacom finally I can buy some paid apps without CC / Paypal option.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by biggiebobo View Post
    Hello, thank you for all the solution. Yes this afternoon I went to Vodacom center at the mall. What surprising was that at the mall and in open spaces area, the internet signal is much more stronger rather than at home, so yes, they guy at Vodacom office just connect the app and then demonstrate it once again for me without changing the networking or even without "turning on the wireless connection", and it successfully purchased the apps that I wanted to buy. So the answer for this is - people who wants to buy the App @ BBApp world (if the provider provides the billing payment through your card) especially for Vodacom, then you just need to find the "strong" signal and confirm your BlackBerry ID few times, and connect to it. It makes me wonder somehow why some people gave solution to people that they have to "connect to wireless/wpa2 setting" whenever they want to purchase the paid apps @ BBApp world. Mine don't have to do that, and it's not a must. Thanks Vodacom finally I can buy some paid apps without CC / Paypal option.
    It seems as if it was something as simple as a weak signal!
    I also seems that the path of least resistance is still the best traveled route.

It seems so simple, but I actually respect this reply much more than others I read here in the forums.
    At least you got up off your "duff" and traveled somewhere to obtain answers!
    I read too many posts that users could have easily Googled their own results themselves
    Or, at least tried to do something themselves instead of waiting for someone else to provide answers or blame RIM.
    Good for you!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

@MADBRADNYC: Thank you for the compliment. And yes, your statement is very true. The experience that I have had also made me realize (in so many ways) that I can't always depend on googling for answers / solutions / and asking the call center or whatever to just call me and resolve the matter without me working to find the solution by myself. Have a nice weekend. Regards, AL.