Has anyone else been able to stream radio from either Slacker Personal Radio or Nobex on their Verizon Wireless Pearl? I can download the program but I always get an error when I try to play any of the stations. Anyone have a solution to this error?

Much appreciated!
    01-14-09 01:28 PM
    What error are you getting and what OS are you running?
    01-14-09 02:22 PM
    downloaded it last week and has been working great
    01-14-09 02:25 PM
    What error are you getting and what OS are you running?

It just says an "an error has occurred. please try your request later"

My OS is 4.3.0.97
    01-15-09 12:08 AM
    I'm having the same problem trying to use Slacker on my Bold. I thought I was the only one. The thing I've been able to find as a hint to my problem is that for some reason it works fine when I turn wifi off. Now wifi shouldn't affect it, especially in my case since my blackberry's IP is in my router's DMZ which gives it a direct connection to the internet. Slacker has worked intermittently, but it has NOT worked more than it has worked, unless of course I turn wifi off on my phone and allow it to use my data connection in which case it works flawlessly. Let me know if you figure it out, or if turning wifi off on your phone also allows it to work.
    01-15-09 07:04 PM
    01-15-09 09:06 PM
    I had the same problem when I first downloaded. I had to go in to the permissions section for the program and manually turned them all to allow. If I remember correctly, there was 1 that was not on allow and was keeping the program from working correctly. I've had no problems with Slacker since doing that.
    01-17-09 01:21 AM
    I had the same problem when I first downloaded. I had to go in to the permissions section for the program and manually turned them all to allow. If I remember correctly, there was 1 that was not on allow and was keeping the program from working correctly. I've had no problems with Slacker since doing that.
    Thank you, I know this is not my thread but your advice got my Slacker working on my 8120 with Tmob it was a permission thing 1 said custum the other two said allow changed them all to allow and it let me save my channels to the media card and it stopped all that signing in backand forth and forever buffering crab. Thank you agaib because I was about to delete the whole thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 02:46 AM
    Same problem here. Thanks for fix! Working good now.
    01-29-09 12:45 PM
    It works best with os 4.5, and like others said, set all permissions to allow.
    01-29-09 01:00 PM
    THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!! It works now that I changed the permissions!

One more question - do most of you guys listen to it streaming or do you cache it on your SD card and listen to it that way? Which do you find is better for the performance of your berry (both battery wise and memory wise).

Thanks so much! Crackberry members ROCK!
    01-29-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD