I am trying out a white noise app for my 9700. We use it at the higher levels on the speaker. It works great, but I am a little concerned as to if using this for so many hours on a daily basis will cause the speaker to degrade. Battery wear is not a concern to me as much as speaker wear.

Anyone have any experience with using the speakers for such long durations on a daily basis?

I am considering just purchasing an external speaker for the BB, but was still interested in this topic.
    01-26-10 12:00 PM
    Any kind of distortion can hurt a speaker. I tend to find higher levels do have distortion on my 9000. This would be hard to tell, depending on the sounds you had. If you used real sounds or some kind of noise/pink noise.

I suggest a speaker, regardless, if you care about the life/quality of your stock speakers.

Edit: Just thinking about this, I have one of those ipod systems that uses the mic/aux output into the system. It is just powered tweeters and a "bass tube". Something like that would work well, I would think, although I have never tried it with my phone. I think I got it for like $60 a 2 years ago. I would imagine something similar could be had cheaper, now.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 01-26-10 at 12:07 PM.
    01-26-10 12:05 PM
    Yeah, that is what I figured. I just hoped I was wrong. I will need to start looking at what speaker system I want to use. It will be a small one, just to offload the speaker strain. Thanks for the response
    01-27-10 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD