With only one convenience key on my Bold 9930 I have to choose to use it for Quicklaunch or Vlingo. How do I set the spacebar to launch Quick Launch?
    Last edited by eddy4iu; 09-13-11 at 11:16 PM.
    09-13-11 07:57 PM
    You can use it with Spacebar or buy Sixtools and set it to one of your media keys.

Thats what I will do.
    eddy4iu likes this.
    09-13-11 08:01 PM
    Inside of Quick Launch Options you can pick from about 6 or 7 letters including the spacebar, to launch QL. I use my spacebar
    eddy4iu likes this.
    09-13-11 08:12 PM
    to select other than a convenience key o launch the app? I'm using version 3.7. Am I just overlooking it or is it called something counter-intuitive?
    09-13-11 08:25 PM
    Set the Space Bar to launch QuickLaunch. (HomeScreen Hotkey) And then use Shortcut Keys to launch the individual applications. Or just click on them in the QL menu.
    09-13-11 09:02 PM
    Space bar is i think most used key everyone most of us using to launch QL, I might be wrong...
    09-13-11 09:50 PM
    That sounds like a great solution but I do not see any options in QL Options to use anything other than a convenience key. I've also looked through pretty much all of my device options and am not seeing where I can set keys to functions. Can anybody provide a step by step path to the setting?
    Thanks
    09-13-11 09:58 PM
    That sounds like a great solution but I do not see any options in QL Options to use anything other than a convenience key. I've also looked through pretty much all of my device options and am not seeing where I can set keys to functions. Can anybody provide a step by step path to the setting?
    Thanks
    Scroll down from QL options and you will see Homescreen Hotkey which you can select 'Space' to launch QL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 01:35 AM
    in my Quick Launch Options list. My version is 3.7. It only provides options for setting Right & Left convenience keys.

I did find a menu for setting Keyboard Shortcuts under the Applications menu in the Add Items screen but this seems to be for setting application launches from Quick Launch, therefore QL is not listed in the Apps drop down menu. Even then, I can't figure out how to use it?
    09-14-11 07:22 AM
    Have you tried using Multi-Click for Your convenience key? First click on mine opens QL, 2nd click camera, 3rd SprintNav, and 4th At Bat 11.

Then, I use the Space bar as a second convenience key with Multi-Click. Double click for Google Maps, etc etc.

09-14-11 07:46 AM
    in my Quick Launch Options list. My version is 3.7. It only provides options for setting Right & Left convenience keys.
    Just below what you describe are the multi-click settings for the space key.

Also, just below the area that I posted is where you set the hot key for the spacebar.

It should all be there to view and change settings.
    If not, try a reinstall of the application.
    HTH
    09-14-11 09:29 AM
    Anybody gotten the quicklaunch spacebar to actually work on OS7? I've got it set up to use the spacebar but when I click the space and hit a letter the search comes up instead.
    11-12-11 10:49 AM
    It works perfectly on my 9930 running OS 7.

Are you waiting for the QuickLaunch menu to come up BEFORE you press the letter key?
    11-12-11 11:23 AM
    Anybody gotten the quicklaunch spacebar to actually work on OS7? I've got it set up to use the spacebar but when I click the space and hit a letter the search comes up instead.
    Under Home screeen Preference>Launch by typing>change to applications short cuts

11-12-11 11:24 AM
    Under Home screeen Preference>Launch by typing>change to applications short cuts

in QL or what? I can't find that option in QL

wait, nvmd, found it - TKS!

now I won't go insane lol
    11-12-11 01:08 PM
    suppose i want to password lock my phone using spacebar, by double tapping it..

how do i set that up on quiklaunch?
    i have a 9900 running os 7.1

please reply
    01-24-13 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD