What's the best browser on the market I tried bolt an there's nothing but pop ads on my bb9700 browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 03:54 AM
    opera mini works on 9700. go to m.opera.com in your bb browser and download.
    opera is a superfast browser, the best in my opinion for reading.
    06-10-10 04:06 AM
    Thank you I just downloaded it an it freezed up my blackberry I just deleted it but thanks for the heads up!!!

06-10-10 04:13 AM
    IMO the best browser is the native browser, the others, while faster, are buggy to say the least.
    06-10-10 04:16 AM
    IMO the best browser is the native browser, the others, while faster, are buggy to say the least.
    I partly agree. I also use the native browser mainly, but i think Opera mini is a
    better choice for reading heavy html sites, i use it when i read newspapers and such, as they often has alot of graphics/adds etc.
    Opera will load these pages alot faster(and in my opinion show them more correct/like a computer), especially if youre on gprs/edge.

but off course, what ever rings your bell . :-)
    06-10-10 05:18 AM
    I keep Opera-Mini on my phone but almost never use it. I hate the user interface on it and even though it displays some sites very well I use the native browser abiut 95% of the time.

Mostly I am near a real PC though which makes my choices a lot easier.
    06-10-10 06:00 AM
    I use Opera Mini for pretty much all the browsing I do on my phone. The native browser doesn't seem to like most websites I want to look at.
    06-10-10 02:50 PM
    Opera5 for me as well, but is buggy...just deal with it as it is so much faster than Bolt and native browser.

Honestly have no clue how anyone could stand to browse the native browser...drives me insane! Is nicely laid out, but dial-up speeds were so long ago for me...

06-10-10 04:09 PM
    The BB browser is clunky. I prefer using Opera Mini 5, which renders pages beautifully. Works well on my 9700, just have to avoid moving too quickly on the trackpad while navigating menus.
    06-10-10 05:21 PM
    Opera mini 5 beta 2 works best for me...unless there's something newer.
    06-10-10 05:27 PM
    Opera mini 5 beta 2 works best for me...unless there's something newer.
    Does that mean you haven't tried the newest version--Opera Mini 5? It doesn't overwrite OM5 Beta 2, so you can compare the two versions on the same phone.
    06-10-10 05:36 PM
    The BB browser is clunky. I prefer using Opera Mini 5, which renders pages beautifully. Works well on my 9700, just have to avoid moving too quickly on the trackpad while navigating menus.
    Totally agree.
    06-10-10 09:15 PM
    how do i know i got the new version i just downloaded it a week ago it works pretty fine an looks great
    06-12-10 04:33 PM
    how do i know i got the new version i just downloaded it a week ago it works pretty fine an looks great
    If you're referring to Opera Mini 5, and you got it from opera.com/mobile that recently, it will be the latest version.

In any case, to check your version, open Opera Mini, click BB Menu button, scroll the drop-down menu and select Help, then About Opera. It should say Version 5.0.18832 or higher. Any OM5 beta (or development) versions people may refer to came before this and are outdated.
    06-12-10 04:50 PM
    I wish Opera Mini worked well for the new Bold 9650. The version of OS 5 that's running on these devices don't mix well with Opera Mini. I really miss using that browser.

06-12-10 09:56 PM
    I use opera mini 4.2 for my browsing and like it a lot

06-12-10 10:44 PM
    i have opera mini version 5.0.19692 is that the highest latest.
    06-13-10 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD