I'm trying to install Google maps but keep getting this error: "The appliaton Google Maps is attempting to access radio information that may identify your loation. Allow/Deny"

If I select Allow it does not work and the message appears again. If I select Deny the message appears again also.

I'm on a BES.

Any help appreciated!
    03-11-10 07:07 PM
    There are different types of GPS.

For example, BIS/BES/APN makes no difference to autonomous GPS mode. This type of GPS will work without a data plan.

Your model of BlackBerry might have autonomous GPS, assisted GPS, or some other variation.

Google Maps does not even need GPS to work. You should be able to deny and continue.

Consequently, I tentatively suggest contacting your BES administrator and asking if they have denied access to something critical using the firm's BES IT Policy.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 07:35 PM
    I was afraid someone would suggest contacting my IT department. It's just that they're not real helpful and usually don't have an answer! Sigh.
    03-11-10 08:22 PM
    That's easy to believe and most IT people can lack enthusiasm for life.

After all, IT people are failed programmers; and programmers are failed mathematicians. Don't get me started on mathematicians...

None of these groups are known for their social skills or helpfulness.

However, it may help the IT people if you can speak their language.

Consequently, may I suggest visiting the BES forum on this bulletin board and asking those (strikingly clever and socially skilled) IT people for a possible solution?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 09:06 PM
    Thank you!
    03-11-10 09:48 PM
    Have you tried going into the Applications List (under options) and manually setting the permissions there?
    03-12-10 07:03 AM
    I tried setting the permissions there. I am unable to change the permissions there as it is set for Custom. Under where it says Connections, when I try to change it to Allow it does not let me to change, and it goes back to Custom. Is that because of BES policy? Or is there somewhere else I need to change it? Thanks.
    03-12-10 07:48 AM
    I would guess that the BES policy is locking that down.
    03-12-10 02:03 PM
    Oaky, I guess I'll have to contact my IT department and cross my fingers that they'll work with me. Thanks.
    03-12-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD