I can not get slacker radio working.

Before I had .114 from the factory and slacker radio would not work. Everytime I try to run the app I get this error message
    "Uncaught exception: java.langNullPointerException"

Last night I did my first OS upgrade to .206

Everything went great and aside from a few permissions issues with some apps everything is working except slacker, I am still getting the same error message

any ideas?

On a side note when I am running Pandora if i try to allow it to run in the background I get a java error
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"
    04-10-09 02:01 PM
    Slacker never worked for me either, but pandora works like a charm.
    04-10-09 04:25 PM
    I'm about to give up on slacker too. Keep getting this message when I try and play a song: an error has occurred please try again later. Well I've been trying for days and nothing. Worked fine on my Bold then suddenly nothing. Tried deleting and reloading the app, resetting the account and even registered a new account and nothing works. Sure as heck not ever going to pay for their service based on my experiences with the free version
    04-10-09 04:40 PM
    Slacker rules!!

I'd recommend deleting slacker from your phone, do a battery pull and then reinstall slacker again. There's a new version out there and it may work well for you know.

Slacker rules!!
    04-10-09 06:58 PM
    strange, mine works just fine after going from .113> .122.
    04-10-09 07:31 PM
    Slacker radio sucks. U type in one thing and it plays some stupid sh*t u never heard of instead. I deleted within mins.......iheartradio is decent....for now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 09:58 AM
    I had that problem too. I uninstalled Slacker, installed the latest one from App World, then went to Options->Advanced->Applications and set all the Slacker permissions to Allow. Haven't seen the Java error since.

04-17-09 07:41 PM
    No problems over here...one of my fav apps!

04-17-09 08:48 PM
    I agree with hubermania. I changed the permissions to ALLOW. I haven't had any problems since.
    04-17-09 09:10 PM
    I had a ton of problems, I think after I download Pandora seeing that its avaialble for tmo then I will try slacker again and set all the permissions to allow.
    04-17-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD