I want e-mail and MMS/SMS links to be opened on Bolt is this possible?
    8350i
    Bolt Browser 1.5

Latest OS: 4.6.1.204(316)

Please? and thank you.
    11-02-09 09:58 AM
    nope.

10 char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 01:26 PM
    nope.

10 char

That's just stupid :\

Who honestly uses the BB browser? all I know is websites detect it therefore go on mobile version if available...
    I sometimes use it if a download won't work on Bolt

Anyways thanks :\
    11-02-09 01:43 PM
    No prob. From all the threads I've read here, it seems MOST people just use the default browser. I only use the default browser because of column view. I'm told Bolt makes better renders of real web pages but I tend only to use ones that are formatted for mobile browsers anyway. I like the convenience of stripped down, fast-loading sites, etc. I don't need a bunch of 3rd party browsers cluttering up my already prescious app memory.

I think from RIM's standpoint it's a security issue. I know Opera Mini used to not be able to download files on it's own and had to do it through the native one, because the only channel the OS supported was through the native browser. Don't know if newer versions of that browser or Bolt have fixed that issue, but I have apps that do everything I need and the native browser does just fine with te sites I need to use with it. I also know that a lot more of the phones GUI depends on the native browser than just browsing the internet, so maybe that integration has something to do with it as well.

I'm not disagreeing with you though. With all the other major smartphone platforms offering HTML5 support, BBs are gonna be left in the dust if they don't either give the browser a MAJOR facelift or start allowing 3rd party apps to be the default browser, at least for web browsing.

11-02-09 01:52 PM
    No prob. From all the threads I've read here, it seems MOST people just use the default browser. I only use the default browser because of column view. I'm told Bolt makes better renders of real web pages but I tend only to use ones that are formatted for mobile browsers anyway. I like the convenience of stripped down, fast-loading sites, etc. I don't need a bunch of 3rd party browsers cluttering up my already prescious app memory.

I think from RIM's standpoint it's a security issue. I know Opera Mini used to not be able to download files on it's own and had to do it through the native one, because the only channel the OS supported was through the native browser. Don't know if newer versions of that browser or Bolt have fixed that issue, but I have apps that do everything I need and the native browser does just fine with te sites I need to use with it. I also know that a lot more of the phones GUI depends on the native browser than just browsing the internet, so maybe that integration has something to do with it as well.

I'm not disagreeing with you though. With all the other major smartphone platforms offering HTML5 support, BBs are gonna be left in the dust if they don't either give the browser a MAJOR facelift or start allowing 3rd party apps to be the default browser, at least for web browsing.

Indeed

Well uhm just have one or two questions, see if you have any knowledge of this...
    1. Do you know why Boostberry loses MMS and browsing when I shut it off and on(restart, battery pull, un/install on DM etc.)
    2. Do you of any third party media centers that does everything the original media player does but has true full screen?(like not cut off...)

Thanks, it just seems like you know a lot of stuff lol.
    11-02-09 01:57 PM
    That's just stupid :\

Who honestly uses the BB browser? all I know is websites detect it therefore go on mobile version if available...
    I sometimes use it if a download won't work on Bolt

Anyways thanks :\
    Yeah, most people use the BB browser... Not to mention if you could change the default browser, a ton of OTA links and other stuff flat out would not work, then a lot of people would wonder why.

It's easy to make the BB browser not come up with mobile versions of sites.
    11-02-09 01:57 PM
    Yeah, most people use the BB browser... Not to mention if you could change the default browser, a ton of OTA links and other stuff flat out would not work, then a lot of people would wonder why.

It's easy to make the BB browser not come up with mobile versions of sites.
    I am not saying that's a bad feature though xD

That feature is what I love about it, downside sadly is that my boostberry removes wireless web browsing when I reset my BB in any way... so I do not want to F up the browser while I am on a trip, cause my laptop is a killer to lug around, especially with a USB cable.
    11-02-09 02:01 PM
    With opera mini 5 beta, you can hover over a link in an sms/email, hit the options key, and click on 'open on opera mini'. That's about the best way to go about it right now.

11-02-09 02:07 PM
    With opera mini 5 beta, you can hover over a link in an sms/email, hit the options key, and click on 'open on opera mini'. That's about the best way to go about it right now.

Does opera mini 5 offer flash like Bolt 1.5? Bolt has built in flash so you do not need to stream on media center...

Does it work?
    11-02-09 02:34 PM
    Does anyone know if opera mini or Bolt let you view m4v videos used in rss feeds/podcasts?
    Uising BB browser, - get an error message saying unsupported media.

TIA

11-02-09 07:32 PM
    I typically like mobile sites because they have less or no ads. Thank god for adblock on firefox.
    11-02-09 08:08 PM
    I want e-mail and MMS/SMS links to be opened on Bolt is this possible?
    8350i
    Bolt Browser 1.5

Latest OS: 4.6.1.204(316)

Please? and thank you.
    Unfortunatly, I dont think we can yet.

Does opera mini 5 offer flash like Bolt 1.5? Bolt has built in flash so you do not need to stream on media center...

Does it work?
    I was using Opera Mini 5 until about a month ago. At the time that I was using it, I was always required to stream everything onto the media center.
    01-19-11 09:22 AM
    Download the Bolt Launcher plug-in from Bolt Browser. It will make links open in Bolt by default, but I found it to be an imperfect solution, as I prefer the BB browser on most mobile pages.

From their site:

Last edited by rrrebo; 01-19-11 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added links
    blackthesoul likes this.
    01-19-11 09:58 AM
    Wow, this is an old thread.
    01-19-11 10:01 AM
    hiya buddy, thnx for the BoltBB info, i havnt checked out their site for a while now and i had no idea they released a launcher plugin for it :-)

definatly gonna come in handy as my default browser eats a min of 50% RAM as soon as its open and only gets worse as i use it, bolt on the other hand only uses around 3-4% and is alot more responsive for me

im just gonna have to remember any OTA's i do, i must still use defaul BB browser ;-)

thnx again m8 :-)

thnx m8
    01-19-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD