Ya'll be gentle please, I'm still learning about my 8530 Curve.

I love Pandora on my computer, and have downloaded on my phone, but have no idea where to go from there. No icon pops up, anything. I go back to Pandora but all I get to do is download again and replace the version.

So I've got it on my phone but can't find where to run or execute from there.

Thanks,

Gregg in Chattanooga
    05-11-10 08:04 AM
    First, did you download thru the app world? If so, did it say that the install was successful?

Have you tried resetting your device after you've downloaded the application? Pull the battery out of the back of your phone for about 30 seconds and then put it back in, let your device reboot and see if the app works then.

Also, go to options>applications and see if it's listed under the 3rd party applications tab, this will show all downloaded and installed apps on your BB.
    05-11-10 08:08 AM
    You may have an Entertainment or similar folder on your phone. Your provider may have pre-loaded the installation icon there. If you hadn't downloaded the app yourself, that would have started the download process. Then once it's installed, the icon will launch the application.
    05-11-10 08:12 AM
    Should be in your downloads folder in the main menu

BB Button>Downloads(folder with a arrow in the right corner pointing in)>Scroll To Pandora

If its not in there for some reason you may have set apps to go into another folder, in that case search other folders such as applications,games,etc

as far as actually using Pandora, you must have a wifi connection to use it on the phone

PM1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:18 AM
    as far as actually using Pandora, you must have a wifi connection to use it on the phone

PM1

Do you mean that you have to have a WiFi connection to use it WHILE on the phone? Like during a phone call?
    05-11-10 08:26 AM
    That is incorrect. I use Pandora all the time on the regular cellular network....
    05-11-10 08:30 AM
    Do you mean that you have to have a WiFi connection to use it WHILE on the phone? Like during a phone call?
    I have an 8330m (no wifi) and pandora works just fine over the air. Granted, it's rough on the battery, and I miss 100% of my calls while listening. Other data items such as txt or bbm come through though, so not a big deal.
    05-11-10 08:32 AM
    That is incorrect. I use Pandora all the time on the regular cellular network....
    So do I! That's why I was asking, I thought it was strange that he had posted that you need to have WiFi to use Pandora. I used to listen to it back before I had a 3G phone...

I have an 8330m (no wifi) and pandora works just fine over the air. Granted, it's rough on the battery, and I miss 100% of my calls while listening. Other data items such as txt or bbm come through though, so not a big deal.
    I've never had an issue missing calls when using Pandora, the music cuts off, and my call comes thru, doesn't happen very often though...
    05-11-10 08:36 AM
    You do NOT need WiFi to use Pandora on the phone.

+1 to all who recommended looking in the DL folder - when I first started with the BB I couldn't figure our where everything I was downloading was going...

And I don't miss calls or messages when listening to Pandora on the Tour - alerts just interrupt the music for a second. Very cool.

Anjoy the BB!
    05-11-10 08:43 AM
    So do I! That's why I was asking, I thought it was strange that he had posted that you need to have WiFi to use Pandora. I used to listen to it back before I had a 3G phone...

I've never had an issue missing calls when using Pandora, the music cuts off, and my call comes thru, doesn't happen very often though...
    Hmmh. I don't get many calls to begin with. I don't live in an 1xev area for sprint, so maybe my device spends much more time caching the music than yours does (calls will pause the music, and ring the phone if it's not actively downloading). Just tested this by trying to make a call to my phone near the end of a song, and it did go through when there was only about 30sec left of the song. I'll have to test this again when I go into town this weekend.
    05-11-10 08:44 AM
    Hmmh. I don't get many calls to begin with. I don't live in an 1xev area for sprint, so maybe my device spends much more time caching the music than yours does (calls will pause the music, and ring the phone if it's not actively downloading). Just tested this by trying to make a call to my phone near the end of a song, and it did go through when there was only about 30sec left of the song. I'll have to test this again when I go into town this weekend.
    Yeah, being out of a 1XEV area would make the downloads take quite a bit longer, that may be part of the issue.
    05-11-10 08:59 AM
    It should be in the Download Folder, you can move it to your homescreen, select it then press the BB button (menu) and select Move To Folder, then select Home.

Moved thread to 3rd Party Apps.
    05-11-10 09:12 AM
    You guys rock!

It was in the Sports and Entertainment folder - now have access to all my stations.

Thanks again all of you.

Gregg in Chattanooga
    05-11-10 09:16 AM
    I'm sorry if I misled the OP....

However in MY defense, I downloaded Pandora once and when launched I got "you must have WIFI enabled to use Pandora", and being as I don't have a hotspot in my house, I couldn't use it.

So I wasn't blatently lieing lol!

Well I still got one of the two questions right, so I'm batting .500 :-)

My sincerest apologies

Last edited by ProjectManager1; 05-11-10 at 09:21 AM.
    05-11-10 09:17 AM
    I'm sorry if I misled the OP....

However in MY defense, I downloaded Pandora once and when launched I got "you must have WIFI enabled to use Pandora", and being as I don't have a hotspot in my house, I couldn't use it.

So I wasn't blatently lieing lol!

Well I still got one of the two questions right, so I'm batting .500 :-)

My sincerest apologies

It's all good.
    05-11-10 10:43 AM
    shoulda left it as it was..... quick question. Pandora was working wonderfully on my 8320.... outta curiousity, I checked for updates, and there was one available. I was on version 1.1.1 and the new one was (is) 1.1.3.3, so I downloaded and replaced the one I had. . . . BAD MOVE!! Now it keeps just stopping for no apparent reason!! Where can I get my old version back?
    05-13-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD