I'm pretty new to crackberry.com but have had a Curve 8330 for a year and a half. I'm going to be getting a new Tour within a few months but want to start experimenting with apps. Only have viigo, google maps, and Opera mini on my curve. If I download apps (free or $$$) can I transfer them to my Tour when I get it? Any advice for a noob would be appreciated.
    08-19-09 04:22 PM
    This is a great question and would like to know the answer as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 04:44 PM
    Yes. Switch Device wizard will move apps, settings, and personal data over. Keep in mind that if the App wont work in that OS (or the version you have) you will have to re download the app.
    08-19-09 04:45 PM
    Some apps may be device-specific, or their license is for one device. You'll be switching for a 320x240 screen to a larger screen, so some apps may not display properly. IF an app uses the PIN in their licensing method, you will either have to get a new registration code, or purchase a new one.
    08-19-09 04:48 PM
    Depending on what you are transferring, it should work like a charm. I just did this from the 8330 to a Tour less than a week ago.

I did a backup on the 8330 right before I did the switch device. Worked like a charm and everything transferred fine, even my password locker.
    08-19-09 09:30 PM
    Thanks for helping a noob. The advice and comments were helpful. Guess it's time to start learning about device wizard and all the cool stuff BB's are capable of.
    08-20-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD