My application memory is at 1MB making my phone super laggy... now I have a 8GB memory card is there anyway to split my application memory onto my memory card?
    11-09-09 04:04 PM
    My application memory is at 1MB making my phone super laggy... now I have a 8GB memory card is there anyway to split my application memory onto my memory card?
    No, you can not put apps on a memory card, end of story.
    You can transfer your photos and downloaded ringtones to your memory card.
    11-09-09 04:19 PM
    Do a battery pull, this will help.
    11-09-09 04:20 PM
    The greatest thread ever. Close some apps you silly n00b. Its a multitasking phone that runs like a PC, not an iPhone. Closing some apps will help the app memory better allowing your phone to not lag.
    11-09-09 04:22 PM
    The greatest thread ever. Close some apps you silly n00b. Its a multitasking phone that runs like a PC, not an iPhone. Closing some apps will help the app memory better allowing your phone to not lag.
    noob? All my apps are closed thank you...
    11-09-09 04:46 PM
    No, you can not put apps on a memory card, end of story.
    You can transfer your photos and downloaded ringtones to your memory card.
    Ive done a battery pull and I have no pictures/ringtones or any media at all on my phone I removed it all.. so the only way is to delete apps right? now heres a new problem I delete the apps from the application list and they still appear as archived they do not appear on the application list anymore but do appear in blackberry app world as archived... and the application memory does not change?
    11-09-09 04:49 PM
    noob? All my apps are closed thank you...
    Sounds like you have a lot of apps that just take up app memory even if they are closed.
    11-09-09 04:58 PM
    Ive done a battery pull and I have no pictures/ringtones or any media at all on my phone I removed it all.. so the only way is to delete apps right? now heres a new problem I delete the apps from the application list and they still appear as archived they do not appear on the application list anymore but do appear in blackberry app world as archived... and the application memory does not change?
    Pictures and media don't take up App Memory. That's onboard memory for that type of stuff.

Archived files can be deleted through App World. Then just do a battery pull.
    11-09-09 05:00 PM
    Pictures and media don't take up App Memory. That's onboard memory for that type of stuff.

Archived files can be deleted through App World. Then just do a battery pull.
    Inside of app world it does not give me the option to delete? any idea?
    11-09-09 05:05 PM
    Inside of app world it does not give me the option to delete? any idea?
    If that's the case then the apps have been removed completely from the phone, but a small archived file stays on your Memory Card as a cache item in case you want to reinstall that app again. The only thing you can do now is Hide the archived files and do a Battery pull.
    11-09-09 05:08 PM
    If that's the case then the apps have been removed completely from the phone, but a small archived file stays on your Memory Card as a cache item in case you want to reinstall that app again. The only thing you can do now is Hide the archived files and do a Battery pull.
    thats what I have done, it still effects my memory though. Thanks
    11-09-09 05:15 PM
    thats what I have done, it still effects my memory though. Thanks
    Are you sure you went into App World > My Profile. There, the programs that you have downloaded should be listed, with the ones you have "deleted" listed as archived. Highlight each one that you want to get rid of permanently and hit BB>Delete (Or similar, I haven't had app world in a while for this reason)

App World holds each program in Archive status in case you want to re-download them.

This works for everyone.

Also, if you want to try deleting some more files that you may not be using, try MaxMem. Go to berrycoder.com on your phone. Download the application, go through the steps. Once you're done, delete MaxMem.
    11-09-09 05:49 PM
    Are you sure you went into App World > My Profile. There, the programs that you have downloaded should be listed, with the ones you have "deleted" listed as archived. Highlight each one that you want to get rid of permanently and hit BB>Delete (Or similar, I haven't had app world in a while for this reason)

App World holds each program in Archive status in case you want to re-download them.

This works for everyone.

Also, if you want to try deleting some more files that you may not be using, try MaxMem. Go to berrycoder.com on your phone. Download the application, go through the steps. Once you're done, delete MaxMem.
    after deleteing the achrive file it shows uninstalled so its still not completely gone... thanks for that maxmem though.
    11-11-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD