I know, I know, yet another thread with seemingly the same question over and over.

But I am a complete noob to Blackberry and smart phones in general and have no clue on how to install this app! I downloaded the files (alx, cod, jad) via Pinstack and the install instructions on that site's replies say just to drag them to your phone? I did that and got nothing to install, I then made them their own folder and again got nothing.

When I connect my BB and enable the mass storage device I see these folders: audiobooks, documents, Facebook, music, pictures, podcasts, ringtones, videos, and voicenotes. Do the files go into one of these? Pictures perhaps? Or just the main folder because that achieves nothing.

Please help! Thank you.
    12-04-09 01:46 AM
    Use BlackBerry Desktop manager to load that app.
    12-04-09 02:16 AM
    Thanks! I never even knew about this program so now BB life is much easier for me! But I'm still having problems installing the app. When I go to install it with the application loader, the desktop manager only recognizes the alx file and not the other two? I try to manually select them but an error comes up? What should I do?
    12-04-09 02:55 AM
    Okay nevermind I figured it out! I just had to go to the downloads folder and actually install the app. Works great and thanks for your help!
    12-04-09 03:10 AM
    Thanks! I never even knew about this program so now BB life is much easier for me! But I'm still having problems installing the app. When I go to install it with the application loader, the desktop manager only recognizes the alx file and not the other two? I try to manually select them but an error comes up? What should I do?
    Files with an extension of .alx need to be installed via the desktop manager. Files with the extension of .jad are intended to be installed OTA (over the air). Most if not all applications will have both a .alx file and a .jad file. You do not install both files. You only need to install one, and the one you install is dependent on the method you are using to install the app.
    12-04-09 03:16 AM
    where on pinstack, did you find that app? i've looked all over, and can not find it.
    12-04-09 09:05 AM
    where on pinstack, did you find that app? i've looked all over, and can not find it.
    Try this
    OTA for CameraMute App:
    http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad
    (short: http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad)
    12-04-09 11:52 AM
    Bacon.... Thanks alot, that worked like a charm.
    12-05-09 08:12 AM
    The link I posted is no longer working. Does anyone have a new one I need to reload it.
    12-23-09 09:01 AM
    i used the short version underneath the actual link... works great.

-yons1
    12-23-09 10:16 AM
    Here's the correct full url for OTA, looks like the one above got shortened somehow:
    http://www.blackberrymagazine.com.br...eraMuteApp.jad
    12-23-09 11:15 AM
    I've uploaded the app via desktop manager> applications

And installed only the .alx file

when I try and run the app I get the error code:

uncaught exception: ArticInterface:: DocPosToCaet:error3;
    Formatted text length = 124

Any one know how to fix this?
    01-04-12 06:51 AM
    Tried it on my 9900 and it didnt work
    01-05-12 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD