Anyone know of a calorie counter application compatible with the Storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:07 AM
    you know you can get on-line w/ the Storm... find a web site that does it.
    03-25-09 08:26 AM
    fitday.com is a nice online tool.
    03-25-09 09:32 AM
    you know you can get on-line w/ the Storm... find a web site that does it.
    Yes I know u can get online haha or how else would I have post this lol I was just hoping for an app for keeping track. I've seen them just none that work with the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:22 AM
    fitday.com is a nice online tool.
    I agree but it would be nice to do a quick look up on the phone.
    03-25-09 01:23 PM
    03-25-09 01:44 PM
    yeah its called fast food calorie counter....it cost 7 bucks but its handy. has like 500-600 places in it. check in the app store
    03-25-09 02:18 PM
    Just make sure you DO NOT waste your money with Ascendo Fitness.
    03-25-09 02:57 PM
    Just make sure you DO NOT waste your money with Ascendo Fitness.

Well I'll take your word on it... but would still like to know why?
    03-25-09 03:02 PM
    Ok so I did the trial of Ascendo Fitness and it really seems to be what I want but now I'm not sure why you said not to waste the money?

Fast Food looks good but it seems to only be for fast food products?

Diet Organizer won't work with the Storm

Any follow up ideas cause I think I'm gonna waste my money on Ascendo Fitness cause it seems to be what I was looking for
    03-26-09 06:12 AM
    to each his/her own....

if you like it, why do you care that somebody else does not like it ?
    03-26-09 09:58 AM
    I don't think they meant "why" as in caring about someone not liking it as much as the reason why, so to speak. WHY do you say not to buy it? Please elaborate on your reason for not liking it so others may benefit from something that may not be readily available.

I was considering it as well and then I saw this post, but why? Did it not work for you, or is it not functional? Did something happen?

Thanks in advance
    03-26-09 10:43 PM
    There were a few things I didn't like about it, first the cost.......$25-$30, doesn't do that much. I'd prefer that it used the click vs being touch only. It works in landscape, but you can't scroll through lists because once you tap it selects. Not to mention it never saved my previous entries. I could have messed that up, but I found it odd that I could see it for the whole day, but was gone the beginning of the following week.

For what it is, it's decent, but it certainly doesn't track your fitness record as well as it should. Like graphs are only a week long. I used to use VidaOne products for my HTC Touch, that was a true fitness tracking program. It even had a $5 GPS add-on to track the length of jogs/runs. Plus it let you load different time periods and view a full calendar with marks about each date.

Overall, it doesn't do enough to spend over $20.
    03-26-09 11:16 PM
    Also, did you find that only being able to enter food quantities in the amount of 100 grams was annoying? ie: If I just ate 3 oz of chicken, then i'd have to go through so many calculations to figure out how many 100 gram servings that equated to!
    09-10-09 06:43 PM
    I used from bb app world. Calorie Counter by FatSecret. You have to disable the compatibility mode but I used it often and liked it on my storm. It even has a place for you to put what you did as exercise during the day and how long to tell you how many calories you burned.
    09-10-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD