I have a question that I hope can be answered rather quickly. I have several themes with the highly coveted weather slot that I really enjoy. I also have the free BeWeather app as well as the Weather Bug app. Both icons update their information when in my app screen (current temp, hi/lo, etc.) however the information on the icon doesn't update in the weather slot on my home screen. What gives? Is there a setting that I need to change? Perhaps I need to purchase the paid versions of the applications?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    05-24-10 08:58 AM
    From what I understand, some of it depends on the OS you're running and some of it does depend on whether or not you're using a paid version. For a while, nothing worked on the early versions of 5.0. I'm using the paid version of Berry Weather and haven't had any problems with it.

Hope this helps a little.
    05-24-10 09:31 AM
    It also depends on the theme you are using. Are you using a 3rd party theme? If so, is the weather icon a full size one or is it reduced size? What you describe sounds like a theme problem (but I only run the paid version of BerryWeather). I would try switching themes to see if the weather icon updates.
    05-24-10 09:42 AM
    That's true! I've been running the same theme for so long I don't even think about it anymore.
    05-24-10 10:18 AM
    Have you checked how you have them set to auto update? Sounds simple but may just be the issue
    05-24-10 11:20 AM
    I think maybe it depends on Phone/OS, I have an 8130, w/OS 4.5, and the weather icon will update periodically, but sometimes, it only updates if I view all the applications, then switch back to my normal home screen.
    05-24-10 12:15 PM
    I have several themes with the highly coveted weather slot that I really enjoy.
    Some developers have started calling them OCD slots because people use them for things like MeterBerry.

If you're considering a paid app, why not BerryWeather? It lets you create your own weather wallpaper, which displays current conditions, temp, HI/LO, etc.

It will also put a temp icon in the email notification area.
    05-24-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD