Today Privus Mobile announced a new service that increases the likelihood that incoming calls to cell lines can be identified via caller ID. Users of various BlackBerry and Windows Mobile smartphones can use the software, which costs $25 for three months or $90 for 12 months.

More info here:

Privus Mobile
    08-04-08 03:24 PM
    wow, that's expensive. youmail already does it for free.
    08-04-08 05:09 PM
    Way spendy. Once a number is in your addressbook you don't need caller I'd
    =8')
    08-04-08 05:39 PM
    Check the web link OP, my understanding is it is not fully functional on blackberries.
    08-04-08 05:49 PM
    Our review ran in June:

Special Report Bonus Review 4: Privus Caller ID
    This is as much a warning as a review. Privus Mobile�s aggressively priced $83.40/year Caller ID software & service for BlackBerry is a terrible solution in many ways. First, its name is misleading; you expect a Caller ID product to help you decide whether or not to answer a call; BlackBerry handsets already display whatever Caller ID info the carrier is sending; beyond that, if it�s a number on the BlackBerry contacts list, it�s able to display a name, the type of number (like work or home or mobile), a picture of the caller & play any specified custom ring tone. The Privus product doesn�t do any of that. Its action begins after the call ends when it sends the info you�ve already seen to a remote server that does a reverse lookup (we all know how iffy a proposition that can be) & eventually displays what it found on the handset, where it�s big claim to usefulness apparently centers on making it a smidge easier to enter that info into your contacts list. Between its cut & paste & free applications that can do reverse lookups, we�re not in love with the idea of cluttering a BlackBerry with what we believe to be a slow, clumsy & overpriced application. Did we mention that registering involves agreeing to abandon some personal privacy rights? Bottom line: in our opinion, Privus Mobile Caller ID for BlackBerry is not all that useful, at least somewhat misleading, not appropriately priced, not a good value & probably not that good an idea to begin with.
    08-04-08 08:32 PM
    This will have to be looked in to more.
    08-04-08 08:36 PM
    Today Privus Mobile announced a new service that increases the likelihood that incoming calls to cell lines can be identified via caller ID. Users of various BlackBerry and Windows Mobile smartphones can use the software, which costs $25 for three months or $90 for 12 months.

More info here:

Privus Mobile
    Before you start pimpin' Privus Mobile, you might want to take a look at this thread: Privus Mobile - Calling name for numbers that are not stored in contacts

I'd think twice before giving them my money.
    08-04-08 08:47 PM
    The website looks fancier but its nothing new...I got fleeced with this POS a couple months back...it doesn't work on Blackberries until a couple minutes after the call has ended. Save ur money on this 1,its not worth $5 IMO.
    08-04-08 09:17 PM
    The website looks fancier but its nothing new...I got fleeced with this POS a couple months back...it doesn't work on Blackberries until a couple minutes after the call has ended. Save ur money on this 1,its not worth $5 IMO.
    Kev~ I remember like it was yesterday all the BS you went through with this one and the fact that Privus himself talked in circles. Do you know that his only contribution to CB was his 3 raggedy post about his app.

People dont waste your money on this~ I havent heard yet where it works as advertised.
    08-04-08 09:25 PM

More info here:

Privus Mobile
    This didn't just come up today...lol.
    Thats true Scandalex...Privus stopped trying after we laid into him.
    08-04-08 09:32 PM
    Before you start pimpin' Privus Mobile, you might want to take a look at this thread: Privus Mobile - Calling name for numbers that are not stored in contacts

I'd think twice before giving them my money.
    Oh I'm not pimpin' Privus. I'm just sharing info that I've found as I've done several times here.
    08-05-08 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD