any apps for that??
    11-20-09 06:56 PM
    If the caller is in your Address Book, your BlackBerry will display the name without needing any 3rd party app. I'm not familiar with any app that will give you an unknown caller's name before you answer. I have seen a paid app that would identify the caller after you hung up. I don't recall the name as it didn't seem useful to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:57 PM
    ya i was looking for app for callers not in my address book.
    11-20-09 08:46 PM
    Since CDMA BlackBerry devices can't presently transmit voice and data simultaneously, it seems like it would be impossible to do an internet lookup of a number while your phone was ringing. That may be the reason nobody is offering that app on a subscription basis.

11-20-09 09:36 PM
    Actually, I seem to recall someone around here having to back away because someone owns the patent on reverse lookups. Nothing like the threat of a lawsuit to squelch development.
    11-21-09 09:37 AM
    There was an Area Code look-up app that was withdrawn from distribution because of a patent infringement claim. That may be what you are remembering. I used it on my 8830 and it worked. I don't know how it worked, but that it did may disprove the reason I postulated above. Thanks for reminding me.

11-21-09 09:54 AM
    Actually, I seem to recall someone around here having to back away because someone owns the patent on reverse lookups. Nothing like the threat of a lawsuit to squelch development.
    are you looking to display the caller's city name? we had apps do this but had to remove the feature because of the patent issue.

BTW, i'm a long time Amiga user and developer back in the 90s
    11-21-09 09:55 AM
    i was just looking to display basically whatever is in yellow or white pages. for listed people and businesses.
    11-21-09 11:00 AM
    skydeck offers this, i havent had the opportunity for it to be usable, but-Skydeck pin319b99d7

11-21-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD