On the CrackBerry.com main menu we have a link called "Downloads".

Right now the offerings on these pages is pretty bare, but with time I would like to grow each to become a huge directory. Having a easily navigable and massive directory of free software/themes/ringtones/wallpapers should further make CrackBerry.com a destination location for all the CrackBerry Addicts out there.

This purpose of this thread is to help me get started on compiling all of the "Free BlackBerry Software/Applications/Games" that are out there that we will want to include in this directory.

In the posts that follow, try and provide as much information as possible per the format I have outlined below (if I'm missing anything feel free to add more info/detail). Thanks for the help!

Name: Name of Application/Game/Etc.
    Vendor: Name of the Company that makes it
    Genre: Category of Application (Business & Finance, Communication & Internet, Databases, E-Books, Education & Reference, Entertainment, Games, Medical, Personal Productivity, Professional, Tools and Utilities)
    Description: Brief Description/Overview of the application.
    Compatibility: Device Compatibility (OS requirements)
    Your Rating: Out of 5 Stars

Vendor URL: Website Address of Manufacturer
    Download URL: Web Address of the Page with the Download Link
    OTA download link: Over The Air download URL if there is one

Anything Else: Any other comments, notes (installation tips), reviews, requirements, etc.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-29-07 at 08:47 AM.
    03-28-07 07:08 PM
    I'll start with one of my favorites:

Name: Beyond411
    Vendor: Phil Bogle
    Genre: Information Search
    Description: Beyond411 (previously known as Berry411) provides free and convenient mobile search on your Blackberry. It�s cheaper, more effective, and more complete than calling 411
    Compatibility: BlackBerry Devices
    Your Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Vendor URL: Beyond411 Local Search for the RIM Blackberry � Bogle�s Blog
    Download URL: Beyond411 Mobile Search
    OTA download link: thebogles.com/b411.jad

Anything Else: Beyond411 is free for personal use and over the air installation
    03-29-07 03:01 AM
    Name: BlackBerry Pin Messenger
    Vendor: BlackBerry
    Genre: Communication & Internet
    Description: BlackBerry Pin Messenger is a free 'chat' type program. Used for conversations between BlackBerry users, using the 'pin' number associated with the respective BlackBerry device. You know what they say, you can't beat free!
    Compatibility: ALL BlackBerry Devices with OS 3.7 or higher. On some devices, it comes pre-loaded. Example, the BlackBerry Pearl

Vendor URL: BlackBerry
    Download URL: BlackBerry Pin Messenger download
    Anything Else: Brilliant program to use when you don't want information travelling via email servers!
    Last edited by anon(153966); 03-29-07 at 03:57 AM.
    03-29-07 03:55 AM
    Name: CrackMem v.1
    Vendor: Free for all to use.
    Genre: Memory Management.
    Description: A tool to facilitate modern Blackberry Memory Management. CrackMem automates the removal of Vendor.xml, PTT, VAD, carrier themes and the BlackBerry Sample Video. It caould be expanded further.
    Compatibility: All modern (8xxx) BlackBerry Devices as far as I know.
    Vendor URL: PM me.
    Download URL: Attached to this message.
    OTA download link: N/A

Anything Else: Use entirely at own risk.
    07-10-08 12:40 PM

Name: Google Maps
    Vendor: Google
    Genre: Tools and Utilities / Mapping
    Description: Download Google Maps for mobile to get maps/current location (w/GPS or w/out), directions, and business listings, right on your mobile device.

Compatibility: All color BlackBerry devices.

Vendor URL: Google Mobile - Maps
    Download URL: m.google.com/maps
    OTA download link: m.google.com/maps

Anything Else: Great GPS or non-GPS mapping tool, as well as a great 411 tool, as well as a great traffic monitor
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-10-08 at 02:28 PM.
    07-10-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD