Hello everyone. I was wondering if there was any call display&name display app currently available (free or paid doesn't matter as long as there isn't a monthly payment). As you may know every phone company charges for this service (i'm being charged $8/month) Don't get my wrong i'm not compaining about this, I was just hoping that there might be an app out there which can save me from paying the $8/month i'm currently paying for through my carrier (Rogers). Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 01-14-11 at 02:08 AM.
    01-14-11 02:05 AM
    Anyone have any idea?

01-15-11 12:41 AM
    Not exactly sure what you're seeking. Are you referring to Visual Voicemail or

01-15-11 02:05 AM
    I believe the OP is talking about Caller ID. He doesn't want to pay his carrier for that service.

That information is sent from the carrier. You need to pay if you want the Caller ID information to be displayed .... even if the contacts are in your address book.
    01-15-11 08:11 AM
    Ahh. Caller ID as a paid feature I didn't think of as it's always been part of my plans with no extra fees. Thanks, MM, I waz befuzzled.

01-15-11 02:22 PM
    Ahh. Caller ID as a paid feature I didn't think of as it's always been part of my plans with no extra fees. Thanks, MM, I waz befuzzled.

Oops we call it Call Display here in Canada haha, didn't know it was referred to Call ID elsewhere. Anyways Darn! Lol I was hoping it didn't work that way but it sucks. If the Canadian carriers had hid the price with in the price of the plan I guess it wouldn't sound as bad but unfortunately they don't.

01-15-11 03:37 PM
    Oops we call it Call Display here in Canada haha, didn't know it was referred to Call ID elsewhere. Anyways Darn! Lol I was hoping it didn't work that way but it sucks. If the Canadian carriers had hid the price with in the price of the plan I guess it wouldn't sound as bad but unfortunately they don't.

Yep, that's why I got befuzzled, but hey, I learn something new every day. Nothing wrong with that.

01-15-11 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD