Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we've released a new call blocking / blacklist application for Blackberry called Call Control which recently was voted the "Save Time" category winner in the Verizon Wireless app contest. Call Control is more than your run of the mill blacklist app because it is automatically updated with thousands of known spam callers which have been reported by users and through official FCC Do-Not-Call complaints to EveryCall.us

Call Control is available in a free Lite version and a paid Pro version, the only difference is that the Lite version is limited to a single update and the top 100 spam callers only. The Pro version features automatic daily updates and full access to the EveryCall.us "Community Blacklist" database.

You can download Call Control at EveryCall.us or via the App World by searching for "blacklist".

We'd love to hear feedback! Thanks!
    Roots211 likes this.
    11-05-09 01:48 PM
    If you let me try the pro version for free, I will give you feed back on how well it works on the storm.
    11-05-09 03:32 PM
    Looks nice, I downloaded the app and have not received any calls into my blocked list (my lucky day).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 06:48 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we've released a new call blocking / blacklist application for Blackberry called Call Control which recently was voted the "Save Time" category winner in the Verizon Wireless app contest. Call Control is more than your run of the mill blacklist app because it is automatically updated with thousands of known spam callers which have been reported by users and through official FCC Do-Not-Call complaints to EveryCall.us

Call Control is available in a free Lite version and a paid Pro version, the only difference is that the Lite version is limited to a single update and the top 100 spam callers only. The Pro version features automatic daily updates and full access to the EveryCall.us "Community Blacklist" database.

You can download Call Control at EveryCall.us or via the App World by searching for "blacklist".

does this block unknown and blocked numbers automaticly, that call you ?

11-08-09 10:21 AM
    Yes it does.

11-08-09 02:15 PM
    This is great, but there are tons of call block apps already on the market.

If you want to get the crackberry world really excited, you might consider giving away 50 free copies for feedback. You will find this works the best.

Just a suggestion. I have tried 4-5 call blocking apps, they all do the same thing.
    11-08-09 08:22 PM
    Sorry but your application allows unknown callers and private callers to ring at least once before being routed to voice mail.

I am using a verizon Tour 9630 v4.7..1.61.

Deleting it right now. No use if it allows the call to actually ring thru and annoy me.
    11-08-09 09:12 PM
    Sorry but your application allows unknown callers and private callers to ring at least once before being routed to voice mail.

I am using a verizon Tour 9630 v4.7..1.61.

Deleting it right now. No use if it allows the call to actually ring thru and annoy me.
    As far as I know, they all do. I'm probably wrong but my guess is the reason it rings once or half a ring is that it takes a second for the phone/software to read the number then block it.

I never pick up on the first ring anyway.
    11-08-09 09:17 PM
    Antair Call Screener would NOT ring on my 8830 world edition. It would directly send the call to voice mail, which is my preferred method.

However it wll allow a partial ring on the Tour. Their customer service tells me they are working on the upgrade to fix it.

I've tried everything, I have been unable to find one that will effectively NOT ring the phone when the number is "blocked", 'unknown", or "withheld".

*sigh*
    11-08-09 09:29 PM
    Yes, Call Control will block unknown and private callers. Thanks.

does this block unknown and blocked numbers automaticly, that call you ?

11-09-09 12:29 AM
    The major difference between Call Control and the other call blocking apps out there is that Call Control essentially comes preloaded with thousands of identified telemarketers and is updated daily with newly identified telemarketers. Plus you get to report and instantly block any telemarketer that happens to get through quickly and easily.

That's interesting feedback on the Verizon Tour ringing once on unknown/private calls, I will have to take a look at that. I've noticed buggy behavior in certain OS versions and I'm wondering if we need to address the Verizon Tour OS directly. We've test Call Control on nearly all models of Blackberry and found that it blocks calls without a single ring on the Curve, Pearl, Storm, Bold, Tour (Sprint), etc.

Thanks for the feedback on the Verizon Tour, we'll look into it.
    11-09-09 12:35 AM
    I haven't actually been hit by any telemarketers since putting myself on the U.S. Do Not Call list.

I have a different brand call blocker. I have yet to need it.
    11-09-09 02:16 AM
    For me to even think about testing any blacklist app I need to be able to add numbers myself with ease. Does your lite version allow the user to add numbers?

I've been using iBerry Black & Whitelist on my Curve 8320 and it always sends any blacklisted number I choose INCLUDING private and blocked numbers directly to voice mail without ringing my phone.

Does your app do the same?
    12-02-09 07:49 AM
    This is funny. It is ALREADY illegal for telemarketers to call cell phones in general. Telemarketers, under the law, cannot call cell-phone numbers (unless you've requested that they call you at your cell number). Add to that the fact that you can register your number with the Do Not Call registry (www.donotcall.gov) and it becomes something lIke a $10,000 fine if a telemarketer calls you.

I've had my current cell-phone number for almost 10 years and in all that time, I can only remember TWO telemarketing calls and they were years ago before I registered my number with the Do Not Call registry.

I haven't received a telemarketing call in probably 5 years. Why would I need to clog up my BlackBerry memory with a database of telemarketing numbers? Yuck.

With regard to the comment that this product allows a blocked caller to actually ring before it kills the call, I personally have ZERO patience with any call-blocking app that performs so poorly. I've used two call-blocker programs and neither allow hidden number calls to ring on my phone at all. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lastly, and few will admit this, most people aren't looking for call blocker programs these days to control telemarketers because as I've noted, it is ALREADY illegal for a telemarketer to call a cell number. In following these threads for the last several months, it's really the collection agencies people are dodging and this app isn't going to do anything to restrict those calls because collection agencies can call you at any number they have on file.

12-02-09 10:53 AM
    For me to even think about testing any blacklist app I need to be able to add numbers myself with ease. Does your lite version allow the user to add numbers?

I've been using iBerry Black & Whitelist on my Curve 8320 and it always sends any blacklisted number I choose INCLUDING private and blocked numbers directly to voice mail without ringing my phone.

Does your app do the same?
    Yep, we've got a personal black list and white list that you can add any numbers you'd like. Additionally, the blacklist and whitelist are fully integrated with your call log and address book so you can add entries from either location to the blacklist and whitelist.

Hope that helps.
    12-07-09 09:26 PM
    This is funny. It is ALREADY illegal for telemarketers to call cell phones in general. Telemarketers, under the law, cannot call cell-phone numbers (unless you've requested that they call you at your cell number). Add to that the fact that you can register your number with the Do Not Call registry and it becomes something lIke a $10,000 fine if a telemarketer calls you.

I've had my current cell-phone number for almost 10 years and in all that time, I can only remember TWO telemarketing calls and they were years ago before I registered my number with the Do Not Call registry.

I haven't received a telemarketing call in probably 5 years. Why would I need to clog up my BlackBerry memory with a database of telemarketing numbers? Yuck.

With regard to the comment that this product allows a blocked caller to actually ring before it kills the call, I personally have ZERO patience with any call-blocking app that performs so poorly. I've used two call-blocker programs and neither allow hidden number calls to ring on my phone at all. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lastly, and few will admit this, most people aren't looking for call blocker programs these days to control telemarketers because as I've noted, it is ALREADY illegal for a telemarketer to call a cell number. In following these threads for the last several months, it's really the collection agencies people are dodging and this app isn't going to do anything to restrict those calls because collection agencies can call you at any number they have on file.

Thanks for the feedback, you're correct for that it is illegal for telemarketers to call your cell phone if it is registered on the Do Not Call list. However, as you may know, there are many loopholes and exemptions that make it legal for companies to call your cell phone. For instance, if you have a previous business relationship with a company, have given them your cell number (maybe it is your only phone number), they are now legally allowed to call you on your cell phone. Also political organizations and charities are allowed to call you with no penalty.

However we really didn't make this app to stop legitimate telemarketers that respect the DNC legislation, but rather we created this app to help put a stop to other callers that don't care about the laws, which is a huge and growing problem.

For example, Robo-Calling is an illegal practice (google "car warranty robocall" as an example) that is widely used which does not differentiate landlines versus cell phones. A computer dials consecutive numbers until someone answers and then plays a recording to solicit information, sell you something, etc. There is also a huge problem with telephone fraud, scams, and identity theft, in fact if you browse our website Everycall.us you will instantly see the magnitude of the problem.

Regarding collection agencies, we've got thousands of them identified in the Community Blacklist and they would be blocked by Call Control just as a telemarketer would be. Any number that has been reported as "annoying" and meets our analytical criteria to be added to the Community Blacklist,regardless of caller type, will be blocked. Should the user want to receive these calls, they can simply whitelist the number and it will no longer be blocked in the future.

Lastly, I could not agree more with you about not having patience for an app that allows the phone to ring AT ALL. I've also noticed that a majority of the programs out there will allow a ring or two, which is lame. The ringing problem with the Tour was related to an issue with the tour OS and has since been fixed in the most recent update of Call Control (1.1.0) that we released.

Thanks again for your input and for the opportunity to have a discussion!
    12-07-09 09:43 PM
    Yep, we've got a personal black list and white list that you can add any numbers you'd like. Additionally, the blacklist and whitelist are fully integrated with your call log and address book so you can add entries from either location to the blacklist and whitelist.

Hope that helps.
    We released an update today which fixes the ring problem with the Tour. Please check it out and let me know what you think!
    12-07-09 09:48 PM
    I've tried everything, I have been unable to find one that will effectively NOT ring the phone when the number is "blocked", 'unknown", or "withheld".
    *sigh*
    Anyway, Call Control's most precious feature is the huge database, they don't seem to be saying they are the fastest. Though I do think the whole reason to install a call blocker is so that you don't get disturbed at all. A peep during a meeting is still a peep during a meeting - i.e. disturbance!

But the call manager I'm using actually doesn't let even a peep go through - I have no idea there's any blocking going on at all, no matter what kind of call it is - unknown, blacklisted or private. And it was the first one that I ever tried!
    03-04-10 11:36 AM
    On my Tour I can't get it to pick up/hang up. It always goes to voicemail, even with the pick up/hang up option set. And it doesn't auto-start on reboot.
    03-10-10 09:02 PM
    does anybody know how to block sms text messages using the app called blackbook on the bold 9700?...but i want the text messages to show up in a completely different folder within the blackbook app so i can retrieve them at a later time?...i know it has to do with firewall on the phone itself, but not sure exactly how...plz help!!!
    03-15-10 11:53 PM
    does anybody know how to block sms text messages using the app called blackbook on the bold 9700?...but i want the text messages to show up in a completely different folder within the blackbook app so i can retrieve them at a later time?...i know it has to do with firewall on the phone itself, but not sure exactly how...plz help!!!
    03-15-10 11:55 PM
    Within the last few months or so I had to replace my Tour. Almost immedately after activating the replacement phone I started getting phone calls from both 11 didget phone numbers and 8 didget phone numbers. They were calling me at all hours of the day and night. When they called once, they called 6 times before they would stop. After a few weeks I started getting blocked calls as well as unknown number calls. I called Verizon to see what what going on with this new phone. I have never had a problem like this and I have had this phone number for over 15 years. I had no option but to believe it had something to do with the replacement phone. Verizon denied it was an issue that was caused by their phone (of course) and offered absolutely no way to stop the calls...they are unable to block any phone number that is more than...or less than a normal 10 didget phone number!!!!!

I started looking into the call blocking software programs that were available and after reading the reviews I decided on Call Control. They were offering a 14 day trial of Call Control Pro that would revert back to Call Control Lite after 14 days. I have never been happier with a program!!!

It was easy to use and after putting in the phone numbers that were calling me I did notice that it would ring once...but only the first time or two the number called me after putting the number into the program. It almost seemed like a learning period...was odd but I now get NO RINGS when one of those odd numbers calls me.
    And BTW, none of them are bill collectors.....some..no I'd say most...people dont get calls from them!!!!!!! (reference an earlier post)

I absolutely love the product!!! It has saved me the hassle of having to check the phone before answering it as well as the frustration of knowing that there is someone calling me that I can do nothing about. For anyone contemplating trying this product contemplate no more and jump right in. I know you will love it just as I have!!!!
    03-26-10 02:07 PM
    On one of the last screens before completing the download/installation process, there is some disclosure about Call Control having a constant data connection. I understand this to mean that the calls are filtered through the database "on the way" to my phone. Correct?

Also, if I manually Blacklist my own numbers, are they added to your OTA filtering (and, therefore, need Call Control's open data link) or are they handled locally, in my device?

Is there any option for turning off the "behind the scenes" - community - Blacklist and just having the program filter out the ones that I designate personally?

Looking forward to some clarification. Thanks.

04-20-10 11:55 PM
    I downloaded this as well during the promotion. Whne i open it it says that it uses a data connectioin on a regular basis. Airtime usage is required.

Does that mean i will be charged for using the app?

Thanks in Advance
    04-23-10 02:52 AM
    I've been using Call Control for a few days now and absolutely love it! I do get the missed call alert which I don't like, but my phone doesn't ring! It just blocks the call (pickup/hangup). If you have an unlimited data plan, which hopefully -everyone- using smartphones has, then the data connection doesn't matter. Unless I'm mistaken, they update the spam number database constantly so calls from telemarketers, etc. are blocked across the network whether you've received a call from them or not. It reminds me of Trapster. The community updates the information across the network of users.

Anyway, I like it a lot so I thought I'd chime in for what it's worth.
    05-20-10 07:43 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD