I downloaded this about a month and half ago. Sometimes when travel or enroute
    I will brush up certain facts. But I must say its nice piece software..

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/download/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:18 PM
    and what does this software actually do???
    03-22-09 09:04 PM
    Encyclopedia in ur BB...

03-22-09 09:12 PM
    and what does this software actually do???
    what do you think a world factbook does?
    03-22-09 09:40 PM
    Yeah.. it's knowledge for everywhere.. well.. it's a LOT of knowledge.. hence the term 'factbook' (think about it.. a 'book', of 'facts')
    03-22-09 09:49 PM

Why is it on a secure server with the closed padlock (firefox)?
    03-22-09 10:35 PM

This isn't actually a piece of software for blackberry is it?

03-23-09 04:24 AM
    That's why I asked what exactly is this?? Any thing that has CIA attached to it and isn't related to culinary school raises concern....and a secured server...thanks for questioning my intelliegence ninja...

03-23-09 05:57 AM
    Does no one read...wait, it's some government plot to steal your BlackBerry ip address. The only solution is to cover your Berry in 10 pounds of tinfoil, not 10.1 it has to be 10 pounds exactly and then jump in a bathtub full of jello. Then you are safe..lmao!!

Download the World Factbook

What: Posted below is the Central Intelligence Agency's most popular publication -- The World Factbook -- in compressed, .Zip file format, for the convenience of visitors who wish to download a personal copy.

Updates:
    We occasionally update these publications, so if you rely on the data for more than simple informational purposes, we recommend that you check back periodically for updates.

Format: The files for both publications are in standard HTML format. They have been compressed in .Zip format for ease of distribution.

Created with: The files were created with WinZip�, but any program that supports the .Zip format may be used to uncompress them.

To unzip (uncompress) the files:
    1. Create a file folder or directory on your computer's hard drive or on a peripheral storage device in which to store each publication downloaded.
    2. Download the desired file or files listed below to the location of your choice.
    3. Unzip the file or files you downloaded into the folder or directory you created for storing the publication.
    4. Do not unzip any file into a folder or directory other than the one you created. The process of unzipping the files will create subfolders or subdirectories required for the publication to be usable on your computer. If you unzip files into these subfolders or subdirectories, parts or all of the publication may not work.

Virus check:
    All files were checked with up-to-date commercial virus detection software prior to posting and, to the best of our ability to determine, were free of known viruses at the time they were posted.
    How to use the publication: The files named index.htm and index.html open the publication's home page. Navigate to the index file in the folder or directory you created using a file manager, such as Windows Explorer, then double-click it to open and begin using the publication.

The World Factbook
    search feature:
    Please note that the downloaded World Factbook functions as a stand-alone publication on your computer with the exception that clicking the Search link will cause your browser to attempt to connect to the CIA's Web site. The search software resides on our server and cannot be distributed with the World Factbook.
    03-23-09 06:00 AM
    That's why I asked what exactly is this?? Any thing that has CIA attached to it and isn't related to culinary school raises concern....and a secured server...thanks for questioning my intelliegence ninja...

It is an outstanding resource for those of us who travel extensively throughout the world. I have used their site for years to get information on countries I will be visiting.
    03-23-09 11:34 AM
    It is an outstanding resource for those of us who travel extensively throughout the world. I have used their site for years to get information on countries I will be visiting.

Sorry, but this if for a pc correct? not a blackberry?
    03-23-09 01:22 PM
    For either... I do have it on both.

03-23-09 02:47 PM
    Cool thanks!
    03-23-09 03:37 PM
    How does one go about putting the Factbook on his BB and then being able to use it as you would on the PC desktop? I haven't dealt with something like this before. Or am I overlooking something here?
    03-23-09 08:10 PM
    Speaking for myself.. I only put relevant info in my bb. Without maps,flags etc... Just text.
    This of course is done on my desktop/laptop when I'm getting ready for business trips.

03-23-09 08:43 PM
    Well, if your berry can interpret HTML files (OS 4.5+) you can stick the files on your media card and then just browse to them and open them.

Dm
    03-24-09 01:42 PM
    Well, if your berry can interpret HTML files (OS 4.5+) you can stick the files on your media card and then just browse to them and open them.

Dm
    OKay...that was my thinking, but how does one get the links contained in the index.html page to work, as it would on the desktop? I did put the files in a folder on the SD card, but I get nowhere when browsing and clicking on the index page. Please clarify and elaborate, anyone. Thanks.
    03-24-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD