I recently installed the trial of Buzz Off on my BB8900 and when I missed calls the phone would make the beep tones like you get when you reach a disconnected number. I uninstalled the app and it is still doing it. Any ideas how to get rid of this? I set the phone settings to silent or vibrate and it continues to happen. I have just wiped the phone and it still seems to be doing it.
    08-17-09 07:39 AM
    I recently installed the trial of Buzz Off on my BB8900 and when I missed calls the phone would make the beep tones like you get when you reach a disconnected number. I uninstalled the app and it is still doing it. Any ideas how to get rid of this? I set the phone settings to silent or vibrate and it continues to happen. I have just wiped the phone and it still seems to be doing it.
    can your profiles and see if you have changed any sounds.
    08-18-09 10:50 AM
    I have not changed sounds since installing Buzz Off. I ended up downgrading the OS a revision level and the problem was resolved. I tried upgrading again and it came back. I have the app uninstalled for now and running the lower revision OS.
    08-18-09 11:36 AM
    I have not changed sounds since installing Buzz Off. I ended up downgrading the OS a revision level and the problem was resolved. I tried upgrading again and it came back. I have the app uninstalled for now and running the lower revision OS.
    i dont see how this would be related to BuzzOff if you ugrading or downgrading the OS. BuzzOff is not part of the OS install.
    08-18-09 10:04 PM
    i dont see how this would be related to BuzzOff if you ugrading or downgrading the OS. BuzzOff is not part of the OS install.
    In OS 5.0 the sound settings are very different than 4.6 and there are even more differences between .100 and .130. As I have upgraded the service books with each version keep coming back with different settings. It must have backed each one up as I upgraded. I only have had Buzz Off installed with version .130, not .100.

All I know is that .130 was fine until I installed Buzz Off. It really doesn't matter since I have it working now and I am not planning on using Buzz Off. Thanks anyway.
    08-19-09 08:01 AM
    I have the original O.S. still installed on my Tour, just downloaded the free trial and gave it a shot. It works great. The key is going to Options>Advanced>Applications>BuzzOff and setting allow on all of the permissions. Initially one was allow and the other two were custom. I think I will purchase this once the trial is up. Handy app to have.
    09-14-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD