I recently started purchasing some apps from the mobiehand app store after installing hourly chime speaking clock and launchpad for making icons I started having significant problems with memory leaks as well as nonfunctioning of the alps themselves I also purchased beyond 160 and quicklaunch they work just fine just wanted the community at cb to beware I removed the bad apps and no further problems just the wasted money also added meteor brickbreaker it is a great game and it runs fine as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 04:47 AM
    launchpad is just fine. Has some quircks with OS 5 but works perfectly on other OSs
    08-17-09 05:34 AM
    We have had no reported issues with LaunchPad. Did you try restarting your device and noticed the same issues continuing? Also, you mention installing two applications and not just one, so how did you determine that they were both "faulty"?

We would prefer that you email support in issues like this rather than posting publicly that applications are "faulty" as generally these errors are either user error, or a result of a device quirk that can be resolved by a simple battery pull or a reinstall of the application.
    Last edited by tafasa; 08-17-09 at 05:52 AM.
    08-17-09 05:47 AM
    I grabbed Buzzd, Faceoff, Mobile Checkbook app, and Texas Hold'em 3 King this weekend and picked up a mem leak somewhere along the way...
    Last edited by The5Venomz; 08-17-09 at 06:32 AM.
    08-17-09 06:19 AM
    I grabbed Buzzd, Faceoff, Mobile Checkbook app, and Texas Hold'em 3 King this weekend and picked up a mem leak somewhere along the way...
    uninstall each, then install 1 at a time and use for 1 day after each install
    08-17-09 07:24 AM
    I would also like to add that LaunchPad does not run in the background, and therefore it isn't really possible to have a memory leak. When an application is completely closed, all the memory it once occupied is now available for the system (or after the garbage collector is run). Therefore, an application like LaunchPad which isn't always running cannot be holding onto memory.
    08-17-09 07:42 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I'm doing that now...I uninstallled BuzzD and mem is holding pretty steady so far. I'll report back...
    08-17-09 09:01 AM
    Launchpad is fine and works great. I can't believe you would post that based on this experience.
    08-19-09 12:00 PM
    LaunchPad does have problems with the hybrid I installed. It locked up the phone a number of times and the "Relaunch" does not work. I deleted it off my phone for now. Too bad...
    08-20-09 11:32 AM
    LaunchPad does have problems with the hybrid I installed. It locked up the phone a number of times and the "Relaunch" does not work. I deleted it off my phone for now. Too bad...
    well that would be the hybrids fault, not the app....
    08-20-09 05:33 PM
    That is the perfect remedy for hunting down a memory leaking app. Some apps take a few hours to being showing issues, others are bad news from the jump. The best advice has been stated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 05:48 PM
    well that would be the hybrids fault, not the app....
    Which is why it's too bad. I'm keeping the hybrid and using bookmarks. I'm sure it will catch up sometime.
    08-20-09 06:04 PM
    Using Lyricidial's Hybrid with Launchpad ... no problems.
    08-20-09 07:40 PM
    That's what I'm using, too. That's weird! I had to delete LP because it kept locking up my Storm. I reinstalled it and it locked. I tried to refresh the launchers and it did nothing and then locked it up. It's really too bad. I like the app a lot.
    08-21-09 06:52 AM
    We just released a major update to LaunchPad! Head on over to this thread to read all the details: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=3404867

NOTE: If you were having any issues with previous releases of LaunchPad, please try out this update!
    08-22-09 01:02 PM
    I installed Texas Hold`em 3 king almost 2 weeks ago with no memory leak, and i keep it running 24/7 practically. Haven't installed the other ones you mentioned but thought maybe that would help alittle narrowing it down.
    08-22-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD