I don't HAVE to have an HTML email viewer - but I'll admit I really like my Empower Pro trial.

I've read that the 4.5 OS will have a native HTML email viewer - so I don't want to throw away 25-30 bucks if 4.5 is coming out soon.

Any thoughts? Will 4.5 be out for the Pearl 8130 sometime soon or should I just buy Empower Pro now? Thanks.

Bill
    04-08-08 10:14 AM
    I use Empower Pro, and chances are, even if RIM produces an HTML viewer for email, it won't pack all of the features of 3rd party developers.

If you're more concerned about the money, take your chances and wait on 4.5. If you want a quality HTML viewer you can use regardless of what RIM [U]may[U] offer, you won't be wasting any money you spend on Empower!
    04-08-08 10:34 AM
    I have a 8120 running on 4.3 os and i know that it doesnt carry all the promised goodies of the 4.5 but this doesnt seem to have the HMTL. If it does its that slow that you can't notice it.
    I am an empower fan and really think that if HMTL is going to be included in the new os then it will not be a fast as empower.
    04-08-08 10:58 AM
    Even once 4.5 is released it still will not affect the html within email and other features until the BES and BIS servers have been upgraded.
    Last edited by BBFreak; 04-08-08 at 11:27 AM.
    04-08-08 11:20 AM
    Even once 4.5 is released it still will not affect the html within email and other features until the BES and BIS servers have been upgraded.
    Exactly what I was coming in to say. When the OS is released that does NOT mean instant HTML mail support ... your BES or BIS (carrier) will have to implement it into their servers first and that can take anywhere from minutes to months. Plus I hear/read a bit back that HTML mail was put on hold and might not make the 4.5 release (might be a subsequent update e.g. 4.5.1). So, if you need the functionality now, buy it now ;-)
    04-08-08 12:02 PM
    I was in the same boat. I bought it. No regrets. I hate spending $$ on software, but this is just something that should have been implemented a long time ago.
    04-08-08 02:17 PM
    I love empower pro, totally worth the money...
    04-08-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD