Which browser is better Mini Opera or Bolt and why? Any other suggestions out there for my Curve 8320? Thanks!
    06-21-09 09:04 PM
    I really think it boils down to what you think works better for you. I like Opera only because I use the desktop version and know how it functions and also had it on every phone I've ever owned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 09:07 PM
    I like Bolt better because the HTML web pages look the closest to what you would see on a desktop display.

Opera also has issues with 3rd party themes with transparent menu backgrounds. The menus freeze.

06-21-09 09:11 PM
    I prefer Bolt too.

You should try them both and decide which one you like better.

06-21-09 09:14 PM
    06-21-09 09:18 PM
    See which one works best for the sites you view often.

06-21-09 09:33 PM
    iceman,

do you have a life outside of crackberry? i swear i see you in every thread for every phone at least 4 times whenever i do get on here
    06-21-09 09:51 PM
    iceman,

do you have a life outside of crackberry? i swear i see you in every thread for every phone at least 4 times whenever i do get on here
    I certainly do and I appreciate your concern. I've been @ work most of the day which btw allows me to get on here. I see some people on here way more than me believe it or not.
    06-21-09 09:54 PM
    I like Bolt better because the HTML web pages look the closest to what you would see on a desktop display.

Opera also has issues with 3rd party themes with transparent menu backgrounds. The menus freeze.

Definatly agree with this.
    06-21-09 10:02 PM
    Which browser is better Mini Opera or Bolt and why? Any other suggestions out there for my Curve 8320? Thanks!
    All 3 have their place imho. Some render certain pages better than others. For some reason bolt and the bb browser can sometimes give me issues whn trying to post on these forums from my phone. I only use opera to do this. That being said, Bolt does render some of my other visited sites better than opera so I also use it. And, I still use the bb browser. Skyfire, when released for BB, may be the king of them all.

06-21-09 10:44 PM
    Hmm, in my experience I prefer Opera. The fonts are much more visually pleasing and it feels much more polished to me.
    06-22-09 01:40 AM
    Scrolling on Opera with the Storms much smoother than Bolt. Bolt seems to wiggle all over the place whereas Opera remains straight like if moving a mouse wheel.

And you're right Operas font looks less old and plain than Bolt.
    06-22-09 05:44 AM
    I tried Opera first, and it was an upgrade over the blacberry browser. After I tried Bolt, I considered it a huge upgrade over Opera. The sites on Bolt look like your on a computer instead of a smart phone.

06-22-09 06:17 AM
    Bolt is only good for viewing. It does a horrible job with drop down menus. It only shows the first few characters. I tried signing onto Facebook using Bolt. A screen came up asking me to enter my birth date for verification. I was unable to select the year I was born. Only 19 and 20 showed up in the drop menu. I was unable to see the remaining 2 numbers. It also does not show the Verizon Wireless page well. The log in box does not appear on the page using Bolt. I use Opera Mini the most.

06-22-09 09:52 AM
    In a word...Bolt. They both have issues with 3rd party themes that use semi-transparent menu backgrounds however.
    06-22-09 09:54 AM
    Another vote for Bolt. It's far better than Opera for logging into OWA (Outlook Web Access). It's the only browser I can actually view my calendar on. Opera was able to get to the calendar but it was a mess and too difficult to read. So in my opinion I agree with what others have said, which is Bolt does a better job of rendering the site similar to what you would see on your desktop.
    06-22-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD