I purchased 5 themes from the Bplay web site three weeks ago. They sent me an email with the links to download each app. Only the first three downloaded. The last two gave me a "could not retrieve file" message.

I have sent three requests for support with this issue without a single response back. I hate to bag on a company, but I feel that three weeks is ample time to respond for assistance. I've even tried locating a phone number to call them direct, but I only came up with a number Magmic and it's not their issue.

Any one else have problems with Bplay and did you get resolution? I'm thinking about contacting my card company and filing a claim. I'm also hoping that someone from CB or Bplay sees this and can help. Not that CB is Bplay's keeper, but they do seem to be pretty tight. If you're going to give good reference for a company and their products that cause your customers to use those products, there lies some responsibility.
    08-04-08 12:58 PM
    I just purchased the iBerry Today Plus theme from Bplay and it doesn't seem to be working on my Blackberry 8120. I sent them an email today and am still waiting for them to reply back. Hopefully it won't take so long. I'll update with stats.
    08-05-08 11:45 AM
    i downloaded the crossbar theme for my 8330 and its not showing up under my themes. When I go into my app list it shows up but its not doing me any good since it cant be found anywhere else on the device. What also bothers me is when I clicked on the 8330 link to download it, it showed up as an 8800 series after the download was complete. This is pissing me off. I guess Im gonna hafta contact bplay myself. Doesnt look to good for them lately with all these problems
    08-07-08 10:04 AM
    I just sent them a support ticket, hopefully they will get back to me sometime this year
    08-07-08 10:16 AM
    i downloaded the crossbar theme for my 8330 and its not showing up under my themes. When I go into my app list it shows up but its not doing me any good since it cant be found anywhere else on the device. What also bothers me is when I clicked on the 8330 link to download it, it showed up as an 8800 series after the download was complete. This is pissing me off. I guess Im gonna hafta contact bplay myself. Doesnt look to good for them lately with all these problems
    Have you removed the BB Dimension themes from your device? The Crossbar theme is dependent on them.
    08-07-08 10:19 AM
    Hey Guys,

I came across this post. Bplay actually has a forum on this site (along with other companies that have forums) here which you can use for this type of discussion and its monitored by bplay - that's what it's there for:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f88/

As for the company, bplay/magmic are one of the biggest providers of BlackBerry content out there, and my take is they wouldn't get that way without good reason. I'm guessing they are just swamped. I'll forward this onto a bplay rep and hopefully it will expedite them getting back to you.
    08-07-08 10:27 AM
    Hey Guys,

I came across this post. Bplay actually has a forum on this site (along with other companies that have forums) here which you can use for this type of discussion and its monitored by bplay - that's what it's there for:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f88/

As for the company, bplay/magmic are one of the biggest providers of BlackBerry content out there, and my take is they wouldn't get that way without good reason. I'm guessing they are just swamped. I'll forward this onto a bplay rep and hopefully it will expedite them getting back to you.
    thanks Kevin
    08-07-08 10:29 AM
    Have you removed the BB Dimension themes from your device? The Crossbar theme is dependent on them.
    The only theme I deleted was the today theme...you think that could have something to do with it?
    08-07-08 10:30 AM
    so the culprit was definitely the today theme...honestly, Im not to thrilled with this theme
    Maybe I will check out the flowberry one...damnit, there goes $7 down the drain lol
    08-07-08 11:12 AM
    Kevin,

I did find the Bplay forum after my initial post on this one. I posted the same thread on there yeasterday hoping for a better response and it has since been deleted.

Is someone from Bplay moderating that forum and deleting negative posts about Bplay? I understand that may be covered up, but it didn't take three weeks for me to give Bplay my money, they got that right away. If they continue to service their customers like this, they"ll eventually not have to worry about being too busy. Anyway, thanks for any help you can send my way.
    08-07-08 04:23 PM
    simple... dispute the charge with your cc company. tell them it wasnt you. theyll take the money out of the merchant account of these scumbags. if enough people do chargebacks, theyll be dropped by their processing company
    08-08-08 10:11 AM
    simple... dispute the charge with your cc company. tell them it wasnt you.
    Fraud, both legal and moral
    08-08-08 10:24 AM
    Here's the latest. Kevin did get someone from Bplay in touch with me and they have resolved my issue. Apparently their auto responer has a problem and wasn't creating support tickets. Here is the email address for the gentleman that helped. Chris Winchester Chris was very helpful.
    Last edited by Chaz; 08-08-08 at 04:50 PM.
    08-08-08 04:25 PM
    Glad it all worked out!! And good to see there was a reason for it that's now fixed.

Glitches can happen, but pretty much everybody I know in the BB space is constantly striving to deliver the best products, services and support they possibly can. This just shows stuff can happen, but a little patience and it'll always get straightened out.
    08-08-08 04:57 PM
    Personally, I would say 4 odd weeks to get something like that resolved is ALOT of patience!
    08-08-08 06:32 PM
    I just ordered the flowberry theme from Bplay and couldn't get it to work (my fault not theirs..don't know enough about this stuff yet) and they answered me within two days and provided a solution and i was very pleased with their service. i would use them again with no hestiation.
    08-08-08 06:54 PM
    I just ordered the flowberry theme from Bplay and couldn't get it to work (my fault not theirs..don't know enough about this stuff yet) and they answered me within two days and provided a solution and i was very pleased with their service. i would use them again with no hestiation.
    Man, you got lucky then! I filed a ticket 4 days ago and have yet to hear anything from them. My issue was the Reflex 2.0 Today+ theme wasn't being listed in the "Theme" section under options, but I have since restored the original BB themes by reinstalling my OS (researching, found my own problem).

Anyways, I am just wanting a new download link because the one that was sent to me expired in the time it has taken them to reply, UGH! I need to reinstall. :|
    08-13-08 06:12 PM
    I used the Cross-Bar theme. It took them a week after payment to send me the link.

Then, when I tried to upgrade my OS (and failed), I reloaded OS 4.3, and went to reinstall Crossbar. It wouldn't. So I tried to download with the link. A message said "You have exceeded your download limit for this file."

I sent an email, have heard nothing.

After this, I've decided the L-theme works fine, and I have no reason to contact Bplay for anything. If I need a 3rd party app, I'll go elsewhere.
    08-14-08 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD